• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Well, I can't stay on here all the time. Give me a chance fella! LOL

I remember seeing this and some other articles on this and didn't like her answers. Medina refuses support of GOP ticket, suggests third-party activity
    Will you support your party if you lose the primary? "Well, uh..... maybe orrrrrrr maybe not. Could be maybe we should think about, ummmm..." Gee! It's a simple yes or no answer. I guess it's a no and hand it to the commies.

This article says that she may not support a Republican, not that she will run as an independent or a third party candidate. If she does not win the nomination, I will not vote for KBH or RP either. I'm tired of holding my nose when I vote and refuse to do it any more. I will either vote for a candidate that I can agree with on most issues or I will not vote in the governor's race.
    Hurley's Gold

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    This article says that she may not support a Republican, not that she will run as an independent or a third party candidate. If she does not win the nomination, I will not vote for KBH or RP either. I'm tired of holding my nose when I vote and refuse to do it any more. I will either vote for a candidate that I can agree with on most issues or I will not vote in the governor's race.

I understand what you're saying about holding your nose to vote but why would you hold your nose to vote for Perry? He's done a couple of things that I don't like but over all I think he's done a good job. It's not a status quo thing. It's a what else do we have thing. After seeing and listening to Medina, I just had a feeling about her. I know a feeling isn't a lot to go on and it's certainly not something to convict anyone with but "I got a feelin'" that she wouldn't be a good governor. I have a feelin' that she's kinda flaky just from what I've read and the one interview I've seen her in. I know, not much of an arguement but that's the feeling I got from the little I know.

BTW - What's a tenther? I might be one without even knowing. LOL

KellyAsh

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    Roatan, Honduras

Well that is a problem for your claims. One of these links supports Medina and the other states that there are "some" supporters of hers that came from RP and that "some" of those people are "truthers"...but still there's no proof. Who are these people? Which ones are they? I can sit here and proclaim that Perry has "New World Order" supporter and attempt to tarnish his image on that but it would be grasping at straws for a slander besides, Perry has enough legitimate shortcomings and downfalls for me to have to resort to straw grasping.

Like every supporter of any incumbent, I dont agree with EVERYTHING Medina wants, the her tax proposal included, but I realize that her intentions seem to be the most genuine. Besides, not everything she wants will be done. All things will be meted out through the legislative process and that "should" prevent the less than logical ideas from coming to fruition...God willing. LOL

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I understand what you're saying about holding your nose to vote but why would you hold your nose to vote for Perry? He's done a couple of things that I don't like but over all I think he's done a good job. It's not a status quo thing. It's a what else do we have thing. After seeing and listening to Medina, I just had a feeling about her. I know a feeling isn't a lot to go on and it's certainly not something to convict anyone with but "I got a feelin'" that she wouldn't be a good governor. I have a feelin' that she's kinda flaky just from what I've read and the one interview I've seen her in. I know, not much of an arguement but that's the feeling I got from the little I know.

BTW - What's a tenther? I might be one without even knowing. LOL

Well, Let me count the ways. TTC is NOT dead (see my earlier post), Gardasil smacks of big government, cronyism smacks of corruption, and he looks too damned much like Dennis Quaid when he smiles, not that I don't like Dennis Quaid as an actor, but his smiles always look so fake. Kinda like he's smiling, but he's fixin to put a shiv in your gut. Any one of those is enough to make me say "Nope, no way".

As far as Medina, you should try to actually meet her. She is warm, friendly, and she is in love with Texas. She is also the only politician that even answered my invitation to the OCDO BBQ I had at my house. She actually came and was sporting a wheel gun in a low slung western style holster. Go figure, a politician that is not afraid to be around guns in the hands of "normal people".

Gee..........is Beck a thruther?

http://www.journal-post.com/2010/02/15/3492/glenn-beck-questions-911-in-2009/

RPB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Texas
    Crackin up laughin here ... Dennis Quaid had that same smile even as a kid when he used to come over and play at my house... I never noticed it until you said it, but yeah the smiles are similar.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Then there's this.

Glenn Beck, Like Debra Medina, Has Questions About 9/11

“I’d like to know about the whole Sandy Berger thing. That just seems weird and it seems to me that Bush and Clinton were in on that one on both sides, I’d like to know about that one.” Beck added.

And you want to tell me that Glenn Beck is an honest guy? Medina was setup for Beck's pal.....you guessed, it Perry.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    What Has Perry Done?

From the Texas State Rifle Association website. One of the recent magazines had a picture of him on the cover holding a shotgun while on a hunt in Texas.

Since I'm a "Senior", I really appreciate him lowering the cost of my CCW permit.

TSRA-PAC Endorses Rick Perry for Texas Governor!

gov-perry.jpg
    Austin, TX. The Texas State Rifle Association Political Action Committee proudly announces its endorsement of Texas Governor Rick Perry for re-election in the Texas Republican primary election on March 2, 2010. Governor Perry has a proven track record of standing in support of the rights of all law-abiding Texas gun owners, not only by signing pro-gun bills, but also by speaking out on behalf of gun owners on numerous occasions.
    Among the bills Governor Perry signed are the following:

• The "Castle Doctrine Bill" strengthening the rights of Texans to defend themselves
    • The "Motorist Protection Act" allowing law-abiding citizens to carry defensive handguns in their cars without having to meet vague and inconsistent definitions of a "traveler"
    • "Emergency powers" bill to prevent a New Orleans style confiscation of guns and ammunition from Texans in times of disaster
    • A bill to reduce the fees by 50% for obtaining a Texas Concealed Handgun License paid by seniors and our military veterans
    • A bill to extend the term of Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses from four years to five, effectively lowering the total cost by 25%
    Governor Perry's dedication not only to protecting but expanding the rights of Texas gun owners has earned him an A+ rating from both the TSRA-PAC and the NRA-PVF.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    From the Texas State Rifle Association website. One of the recent magazines had a picture of him on the cover holding a shotgun while on a hunt in Texas.

Since I'm a "Senior", I really appreciate him lowering the cost of my CCW permit.

TSRA-PAC Endorses Rick Perry for Texas Governor!

gov-perry.jpg
    Austin, TX. The Texas State Rifle Association Political Action Committee proudly announces its endorsement of Texas Governor Rick Perry for re-election in the Texas Republican primary election on March 2, 2010. Governor Perry has a proven track record of standing in support of the rights of all law-abiding Texas gun owners, not only by signing pro-gun bills, but also by speaking out on behalf of gun owners on numerous occasions.
    Among the bills Governor Perry signed are the following:

• The "Castle Doctrine Bill" strengthening the rights of Texans to defend themselves
    • The "Motorist Protection Act" allowing law-abiding citizens to carry defensive handguns in their cars without having to meet vague and inconsistent definitions of a "traveler"
    • "Emergency powers" bill to prevent a New Orleans style confiscation of guns and ammunition from Texans in times of disaster
    • A bill to reduce the fees by 50% for obtaining a Texas Concealed Handgun License paid by seniors and our military veterans
    • A bill to extend the term of Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses from four years to five, effectively lowering the total cost by 25%
    Governor Perry's dedication not only to protecting but expanding the rights of Texas gun owners has earned him an A+ rating from both the TSRA-PAC and the NRA-PVF.

Yep, I remember all of these bills. Perry did not "push" on any of them, he simply signed the when they came to his desk. IIRC, these were all pushed by the pro-gun people in the legislature.

As far as TSRA supporting him, well, this from the same person that intentionally torpedoed legislation for open carry, along with Mike Guzman of SCCC in Texas.

I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket, especially if they were going to be guarded by the likes of TSRA, NRA, or SCCC.

If he wants to push to kill the CHL and "allow" me to carry any way that I want with no permit, then I might consider giving him my vote. But then again, there's that smile of his.

cog41

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Texas
    I've already voted for Medina.
    And yes I know Slick Rick will probably get the rep. nod. And Yes I'll vote for him over the dem. BUT! Medina truly loves the state of Texas and states rights. While I agree with alot of Glen Beck's politics, he ambushed Medina and smothered any explanation she had about her beliefs. He talks this constitution game alot, but here you have a candidate using the word "nullification" and the tenth amendment, what does Beck do? He silences her, cuts her off. Maybe he doesn't really believe what he says?

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I've already voted for Medina.
    And yes I know Slick Rick will probably get the rep. nod. And Yes I'll vote for him over the dem. BUT! Medina truly loves the state of Texas and states rights. While I agree with alot of Glen Beck's politics, he ambushed Medina and smothered any explanation she had about her beliefs. He talks this constitution game alot, but here you have a candidate using the word "nullification" and the tenth amendment, what does Beck do? He silences her, cuts her off. Maybe he doesn't really believe what he says?

Glenn Beck is a poon that loves to hear himself speak and is out to make the big buck...

eriadoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    I voted for Medina. I know she'll lose, but I always vote my conscience in primaries. As for the Glenn Beck truther comments, I really don't care. Her poll numbers were in the low 20s and then with one ambiguous comment, she plummeted into the low-to-mid teens. That's ludicrous. Truther crap has nothing to do with the TX governor's job.

I look at it like I looked at the Annise Parker victory in the mayoral race. No one was interested in debating what kind of a job she had done, and no one was interested in where she stood on the issues or what she pledged to do. All you heard about was "openly gay". Well, whoopty friggin' doo. It has nothing to do with the job, just like this truther crap has nothing to do with the governor's job.

It was stupid of her on a few levels to say what she said, though.

Major Woody

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Medina has flip flopped on her story of 911, she looks like toast. Thanks to stinking Glenn Beck the govt shill. Never trust a talking head on TV.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Medina has flip flopped on her story of 911, she looks like toast. Thanks to stinking Glenn Beck the govt shill. Never trust a talking head on TV.

Yeah, how dare he make her flip-flop... Wait, what!?

IMO we owe Beck our thanks for exposing Medina for what she really is.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    That's what bothered me so much over the whole deal - I heard the initial interview and thought "okay - MAYBE she just got blindsided". Listened to a lot of follow-up interviews, and she STILL tried to dance around her opinions on 9/11.

What really stinks is I don't trust blow-dry or blondie....an' White is all about "big brother"......Shami - well, he wants the hispanic vote, thinks white folks are lazy.......

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    That's what bothered me so much over the whole deal - I heard the initial interview and thought "okay - MAYBE she just got blindsided". Listened to a lot of follow-up interviews, and she STILL tried to dance around her opinions on 9/11.

What really stinks is I don't trust blow-dry or blondie....an' White is all about "big brother"......Shami - well, he wants the hispanic vote, thinks white folks are lazy.......

This is the second time that you have said that she danced around the 911 thing after the initial Beck interview and you still haven't brought a cite to prove it. I listened to several followup interviews as well and she always vehemently denied being a truther. Either cite to these interviews or quit telling untruths, Brother. It's just not right and not something a brother should be doing. But then you should already know this.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    This is the second time that you have said that she danced around the 911 thing after the initial Beck interview and you still haven't brought a cite to prove it. I listened to several followup interviews as well and she always vehemently denied being a truther. Either cite to these interviews or quit telling untruths, Brother. It's just not right and not something a brother should be doing. But then you should already know this.

I DID post a reference shortly after my initial reaction to her Beck interview, SIR. I also said that I couldn't find some of the other information I was looking for - BUT I DID POST SEVERAL LINKS.

Sorry - but it's twice you've called me a liar - and upon that, I've nothing more to say/do with you. Engage me again, and I will NOT be polite.

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    I DID post a reference shortly after my initial reaction to her Beck interview, SIR. I also said that I couldn't find some of the other information I was looking for - BUT I DID POST SEVERAL LINKS.

Sorry - but it's twice you've called me a liar - and upon that, I've nothing more to say/do with you. Engage me again, and I will NOT be polite.

Is 2 considered several these days? the first one was an article that starts with this

John G. Winder , The Cypress Times Published 02/13/2010 - 8:00 a.m. CST

ABOUT THE AUTHOR

John G. Winder Website:
    http://www.thecypressti... Email:
    publisher@thecypresstimes.com...

I asked Debra Medina point blank if she is a 9/11 Truther. Medina’s answer was a simple and to the point, “No.”

The sencond one was nothing more than a hit piece. Anyone with 2 gray cells to rub together can see that. Where are the links to the followup interviews where she does not answer the question? You don't have to be polite, it won't hurt my feelings. Go ahead hit me hard, I can take it because I can't locate those interviews because they do not exist. I have the truth on my side, and you too should square yourself on this.

Top Bottom