• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I had a taste of that myself and certainly understand how you feel. I was old enough to retire so I never did go back to work. I printed up some business cards and hustled some repair jobs. Made a little money but decided after working 80 hours per week for years, I needed a break. Now I avoid work like the plague.

Please be careful. I had lots of employers try to take advantage of me and even cheat me. I told them to stuff their jobs.

Seriously, good jobs with benefits are tough to find but there is plenty of work out there if you hustle for it. In fact, I've been fighting it off. People always need help fixing, building, hauling, mowing, buy stuff, sell stuff........you got the idea. My neighbor and I both retired in June 2010. He has been working his ass off and I took him aside and said "Don, you just gotta learn to say NO!"

Christmas? Everyone makes a gift. It's a great way to interact with the kids to help them make gifts and it's cheap! Hook a trailer to the mower and have a hay ride. Heck, this could be some of the best time of your life!

I had no idea how much money I had been pissing away. I was making a mint working the hours I burned and saved a lot but still.....eating out? Popguns & whistles? Hell, I was flushing money down the toilet! Get out a pad of paper and start working out some budgets. Harbor Freight has a hair clipper for about $6. Kids get their hair cut at home. SEE? Lots of solutions are within your grasp!

You're entitled to night with Jack Daniels. After that, it's best to leave it alone. Attitude is everything!

God bless you!

Please keep us updated!

Flash
    Texas SOT

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    well called another propane co yesterday talked to the lady on the phone,
    asked are the hiring, she asked did have all my certs said yes including my svc and install
    (got hurt by a dog last year out for 6mos) and the svc and install i paid for while i was out,
    my old company wouldnt me use to their benefit. But this lady asked me that and said (where you been all my life) told me be there by 8:00 this morning so say a prayer fo the brother

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    well called another propane co yesterday talked to the lady on the phone,
    asked are the hiring, she asked did have all my certs said yes including my svc and install
    (got hurt by a dog last year out for 6mos) and the svc and install i paid for while i was out,
    my old company wouldnt me use to their benefit. But this lady asked me that and said (where you been all my life) told me be there by 8:00 this morning so say a prayer fo the brother
    Good Luck!!

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    well have 3 more interviews this week and one job is waiting for my mvr info so looking
    up. thanks guys for your support

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    GIONG TO TAKE A LITTLE pay cut( SO what) then after 90 days will get a raise she said
    that they are still waiting for my mvr but she called corp and they said go ahead and hire me
    then if my record is messed up they will let me go, But my record is clean no tkts no accidents nada so no worries,

Top Bottom