• ...and so much more!
  • kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    just got laid offno reason given they say due to restructuring they gave me 2wks pay and al least they wont fight my unemployment im gonna to get drunk and sort it out on monday
    now to explain this to momma(lord have mercy)
    DK Firearms

kerryp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Bastrop
    Sorry to hear that sterling, man that sucks. The good lord looks out for the good ones, so your good to go, just keep your head up.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    Damn That sucks. Welcome to the club I hate to say. I look at Craiglist a couple times a day and they are hiring drivers.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Man that sucks! since you drove a propane truck, dont you also have the hazmat CDL?
    If so, I think you may be ably to pick up some good stuff driving acid truck and such.
    Sometimes bad things turn out to be something better.
    Good luck man..

fuelfather

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey Sterling, I am not sure right now, but if you have a Class A hazmat my company might be hiring. Let me check with my boss and should have info for you hopefully by Monday.

bryonbush

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Terrell
    well let me tell ya a story. had a great factory job and also was working an additional 20-30 hours a week doing landscaping and underground sprinklers. lost both jobs in two weeks. was finishing my college and was in the D.E.P for the USMC and my waiver was overturned when obama went in office to save money. when this happened, i was sunk man. i spent all but a few hundred bucks trying to get a law enforcement job since the Mariens fell through, and right when i thought all was lost, DPS was hirring. moved down to texas over a year ago now and i love the job i have. keep your head up because right when you think everything is lost, something will pop up. dont be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. everything happens for a reason man. have faith, and if you dont have any, maybe this is the time to find some.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    well let me tell ya a story. had a great factory job and also was working an additional 20-30 hours a week doing landscaping and underground sprinklers. lost both jobs in two weeks. was finishing my college and was in the D.E.P for the USMC and my waiver was overturned when obama went in office to save money. when this happened, i was sunk man. i spent all but a few hundred bucks trying to get a law enforcement job since the Mariens fell through, and right when i thought all was lost, DPS was hirring. moved down to texas over a year ago now and i love the job i have. keep your head up because right when you think everything is lost, something will pop up. dont be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and try something new. everything happens for a reason man. have faith, and if you dont have any, maybe this is the time to find some.
    Thats cool. I can vouch that when things look the worst, sometimes better stuff comes along.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I was laid off from my engineering job about 2.5 - 3 years ago ... I got out there and found a job pretty quick in the gun industry. Keep your head up, have a fun week off, and get out there and dig up a gem of a job.

Good luck.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    thank you

When i first moved to THIS GREAT STATE 15 yrs ago things went kinda bad,
    I was homeless for about a year slept in my car. But that didnt break me
    and neither will this, I trust in God so no worries.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I was laid off from my engineering job about 2.5 - 3 years ago ... I got out there and found a job pretty quick in the gun industry. Keep your head up, have a fun week off, and get out there and dig up a gem of a job.

Good luck.

an engineer?!?! wow...

sterling keep movin' we have faith in ya!

Top Bottom