• TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, hell....
    There I am, head in the safe addin' to my "stash" an' in walks the better half....

"What are you doing?"

"Puttin' in some more money"

"For what?"

"Guns"

"How much you have?"

"Not enough!"

Now, the better half generally has a pretty good sense of humor - a fact that I can generally count on. However, I think somehow my answer may have upset her a bit, and I'll find out just as soon as I can get the 14" fryin' pan yanked outta my ass.......
    Capitol Armory ad

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Re: DammitDammitDammitDammitDammitDammit

Well, hell....
    There I am, head in the safe addin' to my "stash" an' in walks the better half....

"What are you doing?"

"Puttin' in some more money"

"For what?"

"Guns"

"How much you have?"

"Not enough!"

Now, the better half generally has a pretty good sense of humor - a fact that I can generally count on. However, I think somehow my answer may have upset her a bit, and I'll find out just as soon as I can get the 14" fryin' pan yanked outta my ass.......

Wish I could find the old post where you were giving me advice about this very subject! Sometimes the stuff we think is funny........the better half just doesn't get.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

Money comes out of safe ---> Wife goes in safe

Danger of frying pan averted, new toys acquired. Problem solved.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas

My wife's a swell person, we have over 25 years together, we don't fuss a lot and generally agree on most things, she likes guns....The last one I bought at a local pawn shop with the words coming out her mouth, "No more guns!) It was a Phillipine made AK-.22.....Bought for the grandkids fun when they come down from the nanny state city to shoot till they are tired or out of ammo....If my wife wants something and its in my financial power, I will try to see that she gets it.
    Meanwhile if I see another damned gun I want...I will if I have the $$$$ , get it !!! They are like money in the bank and when I blast off into eternity she can have a bunch of bucks by changing them into green US currency...

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Wahl....just back from the gun shop/smith. He finished the boring on mah Drilling....an' had a sweet li'l S&W 36 (NO dash) that I brought home for the better half. If it's had 20 rounds put through it in its' life I'd be amazed. Emphasized the S&W.....<G>

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas

I've never found honesty to be particularly good for a marriage.

The few times my better half has taken me to task for a purchase, I simply begin counting her shoes.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

Pissing the little lady off can be dangerous. You gotta sleep some time!

My wife tried to stab me with an Old Hickory kitchen knife and came at me with a loaded revolver once. She also contracted with a neighbor to whip my ass. That didn't turn out well for him. I was a Chicago street rat and had seen all that before so I survived. Go ahead...........Ask me why I got divorced in 1975 and stayed single ever since!

Flash

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

My wife tried to stab me with an Old Hickory kitchen knife and came at me with a loaded revolver once. She also contracted with a neighbor to whip my ass.
    So I have to ask, which one was the straw that broke the camel's back in that marriage, because I see three of them.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

LOL

yeah go on, lets hear it.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    My wifes most famous words are "one in, one out" which means I have to sell one to buy one, but I just keep buying shit and "suffering the consequnces".

The latest puchase is a AK74 that is with my FFL up in KS and she doesn't know I bought it. Hopefully I can just slide it in the safe and she won't see it till its time to shoot it!

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So I have to ask, which one was the straw that broke the camel's back in that marriage, because I see three of them.

The last straw wasn't any of those. Tulsa had a farm baseball club at the time (called the "OILERS!) and she was their groupie. For a while, It seemed that I was the only one in Tulsa NOT having sex with her. I found love notes (some from soldiers) but the final straw was when I found some other guy's undershirt in my drawer. The shirt had his name stenciled in the front! I confronted her about that:

"S------- do you know a guy named J.R.-------?

"No, Why do you ask?"

"I just wondered 'cause I'm wearing his M.F. underwear!"........I said as I pulled the front of the shirt out to show the name.

I just wanted her to know that I knew. The end!

I can laugh about it now and it's OK if you do, too. I've had a lot of women in my life since 1975 but only one at a time and I've never cheated with or on anyone. Each relationship ended for one reason or another but It's been a fine ride and I'd do it all over again!

Flash

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    My SO doesn't get on me when I buy, only when I shoot.....

"You are building the ammo inventory, not shooting it all, right? Cause you know we might really need that stuff some day."

Yup. I got it made.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom