• ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    F

Did you just spend an hour last night just upping post counts? None of the 10 or so comments I read from you so far say anything to contribute to the conversation. They are all pointless. Even saw a one word “absolutely” reply

Keep an eye on the classifieds. We all know that's why the prolific low-content posts are made.
    Guns International

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    speaking of low content...

How do you like that Grizzly? I've thought about getting a slightly smaller, table-top mill, but just haven't researched all the options enough.
    I had a big Chinese made, Bridgeport sized mill several years back, but I don't have room for anything nearly that big anymore.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    speaking of low content...

How do you like that Grizzly? I've thought about getting a slightly smaller, table-top mill, but just haven't researched all the options enough.
    I had a big Chinese made, Bridgeport sized mill several years back, but I don't have room for anything nearly that big anymore.

I like everything but the round column...will never buy another one (round column). Anytime you move the head up or down, you have to dial everything in again. You never have clearance for both drilling and milling without raising or lowering the headstock in between. Other than that the particular PIA........., it has been a good machine. Power feed is very nice.........

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Interesting... I wonder if a square column would have some sort of backlash/slop adjustment to avoid the same issue?
    Not trying to derail the thread, though... I'll research it... thanks

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    I like everything but the round column...will never buy another one (round column). Anytime you move the head up or down, you have to dial everything in again. You never have clearance for both drilling and milling without raising or lowering the headstock in between. Other than that the particular PIA........., it has been a good machine. Power feed is very nice.........

I couldn’t tell by the pic but I was wondering if your using a digital read out on your mill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I couldn’t tell by the pic but I was wondering if your using a digital read out on your mill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    No DRO on the mill....thinking about it though.............

Top Bottom