• ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Way back there in the 70's I had an El Cheapo single action .22lr revolver.
    Never knew the brand but it was stamped Made in West Germany.
    Made of zinc pot metal.
    The really cool thing about was the grips. They were clear plastic with sea shells in them. LMAO!
    It came to me beat to shit. Spit lead really bad on several chambers but it shot like a laser on the others.
    I'd carry it so on cocking the accurate chamber would line up. LoL.
    Many rounds and smiles came from that goofy old revolver.
    ARJ Defense ad

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Had one of those. Same problem. Found outvabout the spitting problem one day while shooting bullfrogs on the river. Guy next to me got hit in the face with a piece it spit out.
    Sledge hammer fixed it. Never spit lead again.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

hoothrewpoo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Dripping Springs
    I'd concur with the group. Heritage for your first, single six when you're ready to get serious. I have a 6.5" Rough Rider in .22LR/.22WMR. Love it. CCI Quiet ammo in that thing is stupid quiet. It's accurate, and no failures with it.

I'm on the hunt for a similar Ruger to pair with it.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    The Ruger Single Six is a different league than the heritage or plinkerton.

The price reflects that.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    6.5 inch is pure fun. Accurate too. I carry the 4 3/4 with .22 mag snakeshot when I walk the dog at night. It has paid off 4 times now.

from an idgit coffeeholic

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    From what I've read (no personal experience), 4.75 for making noise & having fun. Longer barrel (gasp) if you want to actually hit something. I'll soon have the 4.75 bbl waiting at my FFL's office.:green:
    There'll be a picture including a holster posted on "What gun today" thread.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My .02 is just to point out that a single action .22lr is something most of us can/should own and that most all people can enjoy.

This thread is, appropriately, mostly about which one to buy.
    I will just say do it. Whichever you can afford.

BTW I find that a .22 SA wheel gun is the perfect way to introduce people who “don’t like guns" to the world of responsible and safe shooting! My favorite thing to do.

Last edited:

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Heritages are junk.

Pietta makes a clone of the Colt 1873 SAA: 10 shots in 22LR, with an interchangeable cylinder in 22Mag. It is available at Cabela's in 4.75 and 5.5 length barrels. They are just under $300.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Pietta-Model-Single-Action-Revolver/1535116.uts

Odd, thousands of Heritage revolver owners beg to differ!

Seriously, go find me a negative review of them. Most people accept they are a low-end revolvers, but they're not meant to be anything more than fun plinkers. Heck, even Hickok45 likes them! Daniel English of The Truth About Guns seems to think pretty highly of them as well!

"Surprisingly high build quality for the price. The finish may wear off of the front of the cylinder after many cleanings, but the gun is rock-solid."

"It’s fun to load and shoot. The fixed cylinder makes ejecting spent shells and loading tedious, but somehow still enjoyable. It has a decent trigger, as well."

"The Heritage Rough Rider is a great value for the price. It’s an amazingly fun range gun and a particularly good choice for introducing new shooters to the hobby. Highly recommended."

I don't see paying three times the price or more for something that's just going to be a range toy, given that difference would be much better spent on ammo! For $99, it can't be beat!

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I really like the Shopkeeper, but the premium it brings at gun shows is just a bit much for me.
    Agreed on all points but I'll probably still get one someday. It's far too small for my hands but I could make great use of it as a teaching gun for students with small hands.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    bbdc952a3d9825fefd207eb4d55a71c0.jpg

.22 magnum, bought in 1959. Less than 100 rnds when I got it last year.

That work for ya?

from an idgit coffeeholic

Top Bottom