• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I’m a mod on another forum, the owner of the forum didn’t believe the hype...now his nephew supposedly has it.

He’s in Temecula, CA, and has been turned away from the hospital and two clinics - “go home” is what he says they were told to do.

Says he’s 20 and it’s like the worst flu imaginable, going on 5 days now.

This is the closest I’ve come to knowing someone with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    The data is so murky...
    I think this has a good chance of bringing the overall mortality rate down...
    What we know now from the various dashboards is, technically, a case fatality rate. That is, of those who were diagnosed, how many have died. As of today, that’s 3.9% in China.

Mortality rate is of the whole population. In China, the mortality rate attributed to coronavirus is .0000025%.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    hate to say it but if he was not tested he may just have the flu

I’m a mod on another forum, the owner of the forum didn’t believe the hype...now his nephew supposedly has it.

He’s in Temecula, CA, and has been turned away from the hospital and two clinics - “go home” is what he says they were told to do.

Says he’s 20 and it’s like the worst flu imaginable, going on 5 days now.

This is the closest I’ve come to knowing someone with it.

plinkr

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 18, 2019
    US
    What we know now from the various dashboards is, technically, a case fatality rate. That is, of those who were diagnosed, how many have died. As of today, that’s 3.9% in China.

Mortality rate is of the whole population. In China, the mortality rate attributed to coronavirus is .0000025%.
    That's not even close to how this works.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Add this to the “what could possibly go wrong” file...

63ef7eb221d825a8f211946ab070596d.png

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...g-a-chinese-person-propaganda-didnt-age-well/

Attachments

• 63ef7eb221d825a8f211946ab070596d.png
      63ef7eb221d825a8f211946ab070596d.png
      243.4 KB · Views: 513

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Well, I know someone who is officially quarantined. A friend is a surgeon, who operated on a person. After the surgery she was told the patient tested positive for Corona. Since the surgeon operated on them, is now considered exposed, so was placed in quarantine. Now the wait begins.

Sad thing is that Murica needs this person operating on folks. Instead its basically house arrest.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Well, I know someone who is officially quarantined. A friend is a surgeon, who operated on a person. After the surgery she was told the patient tested positive for Corona. Since the surgeon operated on them, is now considered exposed, so was placed in quarantine. Now the wait begins.

Sad thing is that Murica needs this person operating on folks. Instead its basically house arrest.

I'm guessing that everyone else in the operating room is quarantined as well?

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    Had the worst flu I've ever had around 3 weeks ago... keeps trying to come back, been working from home since onset of symptoms.

Whole family had it, doctors here won't test unless it's severe enough to admit to hospital... but admit all our symptoms line up, especially with symptoms returning after you think you have it beat.

I didn't put a vote in, because I assume you mean CONFIRMED cases

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Talked to someone today who knows two people who have it. A husband and wife.Husband felt bad on the plane ride home and they were tested immediately after returning to the US and both confirmed.

They were smart enough to go straight home and lock themselves away as soon as they got off the plane even before getting tested.

The wife is suffering almost no effects. Doesn’t feel “sick”. Husband has been in bed for about a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Waiting on results for BIL's COVID 19 test. 71 years old. He was really sick Friday. Fever, fatigue, aches and pains. His wife took him to the ER. They wouldn't let her come in with him. Dang, she sat in the parking lot for 4 hours until they finally brought him out in a wheel chair. Still doing terrible yesterday. Results of CV test should be back tomorrow. I may have to change my vote.

Meanwhile they are quarantined at home. SIL is not showing any symptoms as of today.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Actually, we don't know the real fatality rate.

Many people have such mild symptoms that they are never diagnosed with CV. So the reported fatality rate is exaggerated.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    A co-workers sister is an EMT & treated a patient that tested positive for CV. The EMT sister was then tested once she found out & she tested positive with no symptoms...yet. The infected sister had interaction with co-worker during the week, before she was tested. Co worker came in to HR on Friday & told work. HR sent her home.

Top Bottom