• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Last I read approx 80% of those infected never have bad enough symptoms to visit the doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some folks have very high viral loads in their systems, and no symptoms at all.

Methinks these are the folks we need to worry about the most, as far as spreading the contagion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Lynx Defense

Big Dipper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    ATX & FC, WI
    But then what is the mechanism for spreading the infection if they are not coughing, sneezing? Just normal respiration? Licking everything they get near? Evil eye?

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Is it possible we're all sitting on a disease time bomb waiting just around the corner that'll kill a lot of us?

Could be.

But, we're all gonna feel mighty foolish if it doesn't happen.......now don't bogart that roll of tp...ya tight ass...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    I don't think we are. In Italy and China the population is much more dense than here in the US. I could see LA or NY having serious issues. But the rest of the country not so much. We have space between us, and that matters.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    But then what is the mechanism for spreading the infection if they are not coughing, sneezing? Just normal respiration? Licking everything they get near? Evil eye?

Sneezing. Minor coughs from seasonal allergies. Minor respiratory symptoms that they assume are just allergies/cold. Not washing their hands after sneezing/coughing, then touching door handles, money, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    Is it possible we're all sitting on a disease time bomb waiting just around the corner that'll kill a lot of us?

Could be.

But, we're all gonna feel mighty foolish if it doesn't happen.......now don't bogart that roll of tp...ya tight ass...
    Problem with that is if the measures we're currently taking work, we'll never know.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

Have you ever noticed when people speak sputum is usually discharged. Ya its almost unnoticeable unless in the correct light and if you say you don't do this well you are full of the other matter the virus is found in.

What about sweat drops on a surface that a then 90 Year old dude comes in contact with it a few minutes latter.

Did the dude wipe his mouth or ass and not wash his hand then grabs a hand rail.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The data is so murky, I don’t think we will have enough good data until test kits are widespread.

We (and other places) aren’t testing people who show no symptoms. But now we know that people can have high viral loads and not show any symptoms...and they may never show symptoms.

I think this has a good chance of bringing the overall mortality rate down.

But we also know that the elderly are hit very hard, and the young barely at all...so mortality rates will likely vary depending on age and/or other risk factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom