Not open for further replies.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Quite a bit of what was in this are thoughts I've already had. As I'm certain many others here have had as well.

Next few years are going to be quite interesting. To say the least.

Thanks for posting.
    We have....
    Heading to Gunsmoke in Snook, Texas in a little bit. I’m going to shoot, catch some Virus Killing UV rays( oh teh noes, skin cancer) and shoot some more. Bringing my “MOGA”( Minute Of Gnat’s Ass) .22 build and am going to have some fun.
    If any of y’all more pissed off than scared, come on out and join me. About a 90 minute drive for me, I’m sure it is closer for some of y’all.
    Going to the range here as well.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Resized_Screenshot_20200405-125809_Facebook_2.jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20200405-125809_Facebook_2.jpeg.jpg
      Resized_Screenshot_20200405-125809_Facebook_2.jpeg.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 350

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    A little related info from CDC,
    Average number of deaths per day for the U.S. in 2017- 7,708.
    From Jan. 12 to the end of March the average number of Corona deaths per day-121.
    Until we know EXACTLY how many have it vs the number of fatalities, those numbers mean exactly ZIP.
    What most people are unaware of is that nearly 3,000,000 people die each year in the US.
    At 250,000 this year, that equals about 685 per day. Less than a 10% increase.
    To those that will lose a loved one or die themselves, that is a lot. In reality it isn't.
    But the world has come to expect that the loss of even 1 life to anything is unacceptable. Even something they have no control over.
    Economic Suicide will be much, much deadlier than Covid-19 ever thought about.
    Mother Nature is watching somewhere, and laughing her ass off.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Good points. On the other hand, this virus has proven to be quite deadly when loose in densely populated areas. Texas has the fourth, seventh, ninth, and 11th largest cities in the US. Without some form of control those locations could be devastated. Blanket stay at home orders seem overkill, But some degree of prevention is prudent. I hope that once more data is gathered we will shift to a more targeted approach to prevention.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Good points. On the other hand, this virus has proven to be quite deadly when loose in densely populated areas. Texas has the fourth, seventh, ninth, and 11th largest cities in the US. Without some form of control those locations could be devastated. Blanket stay at home orders seem overkill, But some degree of prevention is prudent. I hope that once more data is gathered we will shift to a more targeted approach to prevention.
    Blanket stay at home orders are merely postponing, to an unknown degree, what will happen anyway.

Stay at home does not eliminate the virus. The spread will not slow until the "herd immunity" level is reached. The genie is already out of the bottle. And probably has been since at least late 2019.

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Or, blanket orders discouraged millions from fleeing the cities in terror. Hard to say. But we have a lot to ponder.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think HKS gets paid in remnimbi per post. Change my mind.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Paid?
    Nah.
    It's pro bono.

Anybody here watch the Netflix series "Designated Survivor"???
    Premise based on real-life US federal actions where a cabinet member is safely sequestered away during events like State of the Union addresses. You can easily guess the main story line.

Anyway, to my point:
    Season 2, Episode 3.
    10/11/2017 release. Entitled "Outbreak".
    Storyline is the federal response to a virulent spreading deadly viral epidemic that started in a Chinese animal market.

Amazing the number of uncannily similar parallels.
    It's as though the the screenplay writers of Designated Survivor traveled this China to engineer to current pandemic storyline!!!

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Blanket stay at home orders are merely postponing, to an unknown degree, what will happen anyway.

Stay at home does not eliminate the virus. The spread will not slow until the "herd immunity" level is reached. The genie is already out of the bottle. And probably has been since at least late 2019.

Almost exactly correct.
    Our current course is not postponing the inevitable, rather it is spreading the inevitable over a much longer time such that it is medically manageable by our caregivers and physical facilities..

With a vaccine 12-18 months away and an unlikely miracle drug furiously being sought this will certainly drag out into 2021. Therein lies the financial devastation yet ahead.
    Two things:
    1. We are living the age-old adage that there is "No cure for the common cold"
    There is no acute viral syndrome that responds well to pharmacologic intervention. Name one.

2. A vaccine is a profound unknown. Something like 37 COVID surface antigens are being investigated.
    If a COVID vaccine proves to be like measles or polio or smallpox this pandemic will abruptly and definitively end. As a perk we may finally find a truely effective influenza vaccine. Bonus!!

If, on the other hand, the virus and an eventual COVID vaccine is ultimately similar in behavior to seasonal influenza we may be re-living this next April.

I've rarely, if ever, found myself saying "we don't know" so blazingly often to those seeking answers.

H

Dinoble1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Paid?
    Nah.
    It's pro bono.

Anybody here watch the Netflix series "Designated Survivor"???
    Premise based on real-life US federal actions where a cabinet member is safely sequestered away during events like State of the Union addresses. You can easily guess the main story line.

Anyway, to my point:
    Season 2, Episode 3.
    10/11/2017 release. Entitled "Outbreak".
    Storyline is the federal response to a virulent spreading deadly viral epidemic that started in a Chinese animal market.

Amazing the number of uncannily similar parallels.
    It's as though the the screenplay writers of Designated Survivor traveled this China to engineer to current pandemic storyline!!!

That’s one example. Uncanny how many real life tragedies and disasters are portrayed by the “entertainment” industry well in advance of similar situations in real life. As well as the correlation of how many emergency management “drills” precede actual incidents in many cities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Therein lies the financial devastation yet ahead.
    Incorrect. That lays squarely on the shoulders of healthy tyrants... who COULD choose other options. I can think of at least 3 different ways we could handle this and accomplish the social distancing without shutting down the country. Can you? Someone in LEADERSHIP actually needs to get creative so business can go on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom