jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There are bugs everywhere!!
    You have to protect us, we're all going to die!!!!!

Oh wait,,,,that was a movie quote. Sorry, wrong thread.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Texas SOT

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Well hopefully someone can educate me............

In Corpus Christi (and other places), they are laying off and furloughing Nurses and other healthcare workers. In the middle of a pandemic so severe the Country is near standstill and people crying we need millions of ventilators.....they are laying off the very people needed to run them. My DIL is a Nurse Practitioner and only works ER's.....they are cutting her hours and her pay......in 40 years of being a Nurse I've never seen Nurses laid off, ever...........

Something is starting to smell very damn fishy...............

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    IMG_2844.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2844.JPG
      IMG_2844.JPG
      63.4 KB · Views: 284

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

In Corpus Christi (and other places), they are laying off and furloughing Nurses and other healthcare workers. In the middle of a pandemic so severe the Country is near standstill and people crying we need millions of ventilators.....they are laying off the very people needed to run them. My DIL is a Nurse Practitioner and only works ER's.....they are cutting her hours and her pay......in 40 years of being a Nurse I've never seen Nurses laid off, ever...........

They've postponed all elective procedures and have the general public convinced the hospitals are overflowing with severely contagious, dying coronavirus patients, so if you go to the hospital, you'll end up catching it and dying because there aren't enough ventilators.

The result it, no one goes to the hospital, so there's nothing for the nurses to do. I'm sure it will be back to the regular hectic routine before she knows it. Tell her to enjoy her time off while she can.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia

That is really strange. My wife works in ICU in Houston and she and the rest in her unit are putting in OT due to some of her units staff being farmed out to cover other units and campuses.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hey!
    I was stepping aside of the fray until you brought it up.

https://public-cdn.sermo.com/covid1...ve-i-sermo-covid-19-global-analysis-final.pdf

There is the actual Sermo survey.
    It has a massive amount of speculative opinion and no clinical data.

I do believe that the last two posts I've made clearly stated that a lot of docs are using it out of desperation and are hoping that they, eventually, are to be presented with some evidence based data to support it's efficacy.

The two pulmonologist intensivists I know well readily admit they have scant data other than anecdotes.
    I believe there is one study out of Wuhan China that reported on 15 patients treated vs. 16 in the control group with what seemed to be encouraging, though not statistical significant benefit given the tiny cohort sizes.
    Let us hope and pray it offers some benefit.

I can find no well done controlled studies in the western literature to date.
    The honest and trustworthy physicians have never been know to say "we don't know" so many times in rapid succession as they are doing now.

And, yes, fake news gives me hives.
    Like the unfounded nonsense last week about Motrin/ibuprofen being bad for covid patients.
    Hydrochloroquin may or may not do anything. I sure hope it does.

You’re right. They should have done clinical studies on the effects of malaria treatments for COVID-19 patients YEARS ago!

You are asking the impossible given the circumstances and are unwilling to allow any weight to be given to “anecdotal” evidence.

It’s also funny you refuse to accept any evidence not gathered under laboratory conditions. It’s not surprising given that you seem to have no issue showing your apparent feelings of superiority and most likely apply those same standards to anything remotely connected to your profession. Likely without even realizing it. And with such a mindset you are unable to even consider anything to be acceptable as you deem it to be beneath you.

Luckily, we have many doctors around this nation that can look at the evidence before them without such an air of superiority. They’ve not become so disconnected from the real world that they would ignore all of the signs showing that there is a treatment that is having positive REAL WORLD results regardless of it lacking a multi year, multimillion dollar clinical trial requiring the loss of life in order to appease those such as yourself.

It’s odd you show such concern, while making it so obvious that your only real priority is to stoke fear, spread the fake news you claim to detest, and prop up media talking points that were all generated around the “Trump is a bad man” narrative.

Very sad that people can sink so low during such a crisis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You’re right. They should have done clinical studies on the effects of malaria treatments for COVID-19 patients YEARS ago!

You are asking the impossible given the circumstances and are unwilling to allow any weight to be given to “anecdotal” evidence.

It’s also funny you refuse to accept any evidence not gathered under laboratory conditions. It’s not surprising given that you seem to have no issue showing your apparent feelings of superiority and most likely apply those same standards to anything remotely connected to your profession. Likely without even realizing it. And with such a mindset you are unable to even consider anything to be acceptable as you deem it to be beneath you.

Luckily, we have many doctors around this nation that can look at the evidence before them without such an air of superiority. They’ve not become so disconnected from the real world that they would ignore all of the signs showing that there is a treatment that is having positive REAL WORLD results regardless of it lacking a multi year, multimillion dollar clinical trial requiring the loss of life in order to appease those such as yourself.

It’s odd you show such concern, while making it so obvious that your only real priority is to stoke fear, spread the fake news you claim to detest, and prop up media talking points that were all generated around the “Trump is a bad man” narrative.

I'm a scientist by avocation, training and passion.

Empiricism, in the end, rules the day.
    Anecdotes, on occasion, lead to some demonstrable scientific knowledge.

To repeat my trite, utterly accurate, observation..... Most human afflictions improve if peanut butter is slathered on the patient's butt.

Therein lies the ignorant belief in homeopathy, energy medicine, chakras and an infinite parade of other such nonsense.

Phrenology was accepted, based on anecdotes, for decades.

For about the 7th time. I hope something our intensivists are employing pharmacologically makes a difference.
    In my professional capacity I know several.
    In any honest encounter they admit they, as yet, don't know.

HKS

Bye for now, firing up my IR Hunter to scour my back acreage.

Last edited:

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

Would that be testing before the virus??? Just guessing as to what you are responding to, guess who got spreadsheeted??

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    I'm a scientist by avocation, training and passion.

Empiricism, in the end, rules the day.
    Anecdotes, on occasion, lead to some demonstrable scientific knowledge.

To repeat my trite, utterly accurate, observation..... Most human afflictions improve if peanut butter is slathered on the patient's butt.

Therein lies the ignorant belief in homeopathy, energy medicine, chakras and an infinite parade of other such nonsense.

Phrenology was accepted, based on anecdotes, for decades.

For about the 7th time. I hope something our intensivists are employing pharmacologically makes a difference.
    In my professional capacity I know several.
    In any honest encounter they admit they, as yet, don't know.

HKS

Bye for now, firing up my IR Hunter to scour my back acreage.
    My GAWD man! That must be the greatest pile of incoherent horseshit I have ever read.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom