EbP1rwlXkAAcpHT.jpeg.jpg
      194.8 KB · Views: 378

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I think it's driven largely by the Texas Medical Center saying they're at 100% ICU capacity and ~20 days from exceeding sustainable surge capacity.

I've read deaths are a lagging indicator. I'm curious to see how they trend in 2-3 weeks.
    I don't suppose you caught the news that morning, where they had a brief blurb about how the CEOs of major hospitals in TMC explained how it's normal to keep ICUs at 80-90% capacity so they can offer elective surgery (and recovery monitoring in the ICU) at the rate that people need it. About 25% of them are "covid patients"... but that just means that they are patients who are in the ICU who had a positive COVID-19 test, and is completely unrelated to the reason they are in the ICU.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    I don't suppose you caught the news that morning, where they had a brief blurb about how the CEOs of major hospitals in TMC explained how it's normal to keep ICUs at 80-90% capacity so they can offer elective surgery (and recovery monitoring in the ICU) at the rate that people need it. About 25% of them are "covid patients"... but that just means that they are patients who are in the ICU who had a positive COVID-19 test, and is completely unrelated to the reason they are in the ICU.

Hi. I’m from the government and I’m here to help.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    CBN has produced a good video "Outbreak" that tracks the origin of the virus, how it was purposefully allowed to spread by the Chinese government, and how China deliberately misled the world in a planned program of deceit, lies and mass migration of people out of the ground zero area.

Other than the obvious bullseye on the Chinese government, this is pretty much a fact based video with pretty good clarity on what is fact, what is circumstantial and what is still now known. It has no other politics and does not address anything within the U.S. other than documenting the first case and giving numbers of how many Chinese were allowed to fly into the U.S. well after the Chinese had cancelled all internal domestic travel.

The link will take you to CBN's site where you can register for free to watch the video. Once you have created your free registration, use the search tool to look for Outbreak and then watch the video. After you watch it and get an email from CBN you can always unregister from all future emails if you wish.

https://www.cbn.com/cbnfamily/login.aspx

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Worth excerpting from the article someone posted earlier (some don't check out linked articles):

Texas Children's Hospital CEO Mark Wallace added that his facility has "a lot of capacity."

"We have the ability to take care of all of the Houstonians that need a critical care environment, that need to be operated on, or acute care," Wallace said.

"There is not a scenario, in my opinion, where the demand for our beds ... would eclipse our capability," he continued. "I cannot imagine that. I just cannot."

The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."

She said the state does not keep track of the patients hospitalized with the coronavirus versus those hospitalized specifically because of it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...The number of hospitalizations are "being misinterpreted," said Houston Methodist CEO Marc Boom, "and, quite frankly, we’re concerned that there is a level of alarm in the community that is unwarranted right now."...
    The unwarranted level of alarm is being generated solely by politicians, and is being parroted by media outlets.

Why would a politician do this sort of thing?

Top Bottom