• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Coming soon, to stores and restaurants near you, covid-19 surcharges....

We're adding a $25 PPE fee to surgeries right now. No fee for consults, post-op visits, etc. I've spent $5000 in PPE in the last few weeks to comply with regulatory requirements.

I've seen many local doctors & dentists doing the same thing. The largest OMS practice in town is charging $40.

When the final regulations come out, supply catches up, and the PPE market stabilizes the fee will go away.

From a marketing perspective I guess I could just raise our prices across the board and not call it a PPE fee.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    We're adding a $25 PPE fee to surgeries right now. No fee for consults, post-op visits, etc. I've spent $5000 in PPE in the last few weeks to comply with regulatory requirements.

I've seen many local doctors & dentists doing the same thing. The largest OMS practice in town is charging $40.

When the final regulations come out, supply catches up, and the PPE market stabilizes the fee will go away.

From a marketing perspective I guess I could just raise our prices across the board and not call it a PPE fee.
    Nah. Some of us will wait until the "BYOPPE" specials start...

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County

You may drop the charges but My moneys says a lot won't. Kinda like you ever see a tax go away?

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    tumblr_bb2b9f0427a18b5e131c88cf1f214ede_01d13ec8_1280.jpg

Attachments

• tumblr_bb2b9f0427a18b5e131c88cf1f214ede_01d13ec8_1280.jpg
      tumblr_bb2b9f0427a18b5e131c88cf1f214ede_01d13ec8_1280.jpg
      112.8 KB · Views: 230

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town
    Ok a bit of levity

Dear Friends, as we are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, the medical community is now weighing in on the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) package passed last month. Yes, it has only been a month ago and I bring you their recommendations.

Allergists were in favor of scratching it, but Dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

Gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but Neurologists thought the Administration had a lot of nerve.

Meanwhile, Obstetricians felt certain everyone was laboring under a misconception, while Ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted.

Pathologists yelled, “Over my dead body!” while Pediatricians said, “Oh, grow up!”

Psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness and would lead to bedlam, while Radiologists could see right through it.

Surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing and Internists claimed it would indeed be a bitter pill to swallow.

Plastic Surgeons opined that this proposal would “put a whole new face on the matter.”

Podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the Urologists were pissed off at the whole idea.

Anesthesiologists thought the whole package was a gas, and those lofty Cardiologists didn’t have the heart to say no.

In the end, Proctologists won out, leaving the entire decision up to the anuses in Washington.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    The Big Town

This kinda sounds like the FFL fees. they are all over the place. No harm intended , it just came to me, so I had to post..

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    One of our docs said it felt like they stuck a pine cone up his nose
    Before I retired I worked at an Urgent Care clinic and during flu season we did a lot of testing. The swabs for the test had bristles on the ends not unlike a miniature bottle washer and the instructions were insert it through the nose to the back of the throat.. The cotton tip swabs seem a bit more humane.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    This kinda sounds like the FFL fees. they are all over the place. No harm intended , it just came to me, so I had to post..
    I wasn't offended, just continuing the conversation.

Funny thing is the $40 guys charge about 4x more than I do to take out a set of wisdom teeth and about 2.5x what I do to place an implant. People go there to use muh insurance...and still pay more.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station

What have insurance companies said about that?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    They had a big fly over tribute today for the “front line” people fighting this epic Covid 19 made up bullshit.
    They flew the B1 and some 130s over the hospitals where they may have had 1 patient there and 2 or 3 nurses looking after them and then they flew over the police department.. You know,.. they have to pay tribute to the assholes who stepped all over our rights during this whole thing, bullying businesses and people with tyrannical threats...
    what a damn waste of money...

Top Bottom