• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    May trade a glock m30 g4 I have for whatever i get to minimize cash outlay and wife irritation. Wish it was one of the models that supported conversion to 40. I would be happy with that approach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    So you went from requesting suggestions, to whatever you can trade something for...
    No. Just realized in my collection I had something I could bargain with if I find anything locally. Our main LGS is not known for great deals, but usually a pretty good selection. I would like to keep cash outlay down. The glock 30 has no special appeal to me. Fine, dependable firearm. But if I could use it to get me a 40 that I would like such as a m&p, a pps, a ppq, an xd, sig than so much the better. But will say those LE trade-in sigs and m&ps suggested look appealing.

usnfc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Forney, TX
    I see Beretta 96's for cheap pretty frequently. I'm a fan of the 92's, so I may be biased. I don't shoot .40 or own any .40's, but have been tempted by the low price to pick one up for fun.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    I see Beretta 96's for cheap pretty frequently. I'm a fan of the 92's, so I may be biased. I don't shoot .40 or own any .40's, but have been tempted by the low price to pick one up for fun.
    I always like the Beretta 92's and really wanted a Beretta 96. I found one for sale on this forum for a good price and snatched it up. I shot it twice, figured out I really hated it, and sold it within a week.

usnfc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Forney, TX
    I always like the Beretta 92's and really wanted a Beretta 96. I found one for sale on this forum for a good price and snatched it up. I shot it twice, figured out I really hated it, and sold it within a week.

Dang, that's a bummer to hear. Well, at least I never scratched that itch.

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    Dang, that's a bummer to hear. Well, at least I never scratched that itch.
    After responding to your post in that other thread, it appears you and I seem to like the same guns, so take that however you want as far as the Beretta 96 goes.

ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    Checked around the local pawn shops today and a gun shop I encountered in nearby Junction on a motorcycle ride. Local pawns are all sold out of semiautomatics. Gun shop says he could get me something. Our larger local LGS will open tomorrow, so will check it out.
    The m&ps at $300 sounding better. Now see if my local shooting club is still doing transfers.
    Not a big fan of Baretta, but experience is limited to that .380 that looked like a small 92 (cheetah I think) and that tip front .32.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Summit Gun Broker in Missouri has/had CHP trade in Smith & Wesson 4006TSW's for under $400 - and Sig P229's for around $475. They occasionally get M&P 40 police trade ins that go for less than $300.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I had a sig 2022 that ended up going to a close friend as he was working in a remote area and needed some protection. I reload 40 s&w and actually like the round.
    Now I am in the mood to get something in 40 again.
    The glock line comes to mind as I have a glock 45 in my eclectic assortment of firearms which includes Walthers, cz, sig, Taurus and rock island semiautomatics.
    Only Smith semiautomatic I own is the m&p 22 compact. So the m&p might be a reasonable option.
    The previous generation of walther pps, which I carry in 9, had a 40 but thinking it had dependability issues.
    Love cz but finding a 40 might be difficult.
    Suggestions sought. Price is a factor as this would be a play thing and perhaps a glove box gun.

Sig P226. You can get police trade ins that have barely ever been used for less than $500, and it's a stupidly well made gun. Get the standard SA/DA version, not the DAK. It's kinda weird.

I enjoy the 40S&W too. It's a very easy and cheap round to reload, and it's very well suited to cast bullets which is most of what I shoot. My Sig P226 is one of the best handguns I have ever used.

ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    Sig P226. You can get police trade ins that have barely ever been used for less than $500, and it's a stupidly well made gun. Get the standard SA/DA version, not the DAK. It's kinda weird.

I enjoy the 40S&W too. It's a very easy and cheap round to reload, and it's very well suited to cast bullets which is most of what I shoot. My Sig P226 is one of the best handguns I have ever used.
    At first wasn't seeing those kinds of prices, but did run across them at AIM which I know nothing about. That would probably rival in likeability to the walther ppq. Seem to be a well regarded gun. But think that can be said of most sigs.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    At first wasn't seeing those kinds of prices, but did run across them at AIM which I know nothing about. That would probably rival in likeability to the walther ppq. Seem to be a well regarded gun. But think that can be said of most sigs.

I bought mine from Recoil Gunworks. AIM Surplus is a good company too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    Have to admit if that 226 is anything like that sig pro 2022, it is a tough gun. Pretty sure I could have used it for a hammer. Was a nice shooter. Kind of reminds me of shooting my cz p07 (newer version). Kind of a heavy slide action.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Have to admit if that 226 is anything like that sig pro 2022, it is a tough gun. Pretty sure I could have used it for a hammer. Was a nice shooter. Kind of reminds me of shooting my cz p07 (newer version). Kind of a heavy slide action.

CDNN has certified pre-owned p229 E2 in .40s&w for $500. Not bad.

ldhunter1959

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Texas
    S&W 4006TSW. They are readily available and reasonably priced. I have two of them myself.

Or you can go with one of the various tupperware models that are available.
    Nice looking gun. Like the styling.

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Nice looking gun. Like the styling.

I like the look of them as well. They function great also. Every 4006TSW had a nice trigger job done by S&W before they went out which is noticeably better than what is on the standard 4006 (which I have as well). From what I understand the 4006TSW was the last 3rd gen autoloader they worked on and released so it has all the improvements and features that were available at the time before S&W retired the entire 3rd gen pistol series. I am a big fan of those 3rd gen all steel pistols.

Top Bottom