Constitutional Carry confusion leading to increased arrests in the Lone Star State?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AdamLW

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2016
    San Antonio, Texas
    The only thing that changed is you dont need the permit to carry.
    Still gotta follow the laws like... no guns in posted liquor stores etc...
    Yeah, this is the problem with permitted carry. Everyone needs the education before doing it, but that comes with the permitting process. Who ever heard of 30.06 before the LTC class...you know?

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Brought a smile. Wish Chris could respond.
    Hope your life is going well. :)
    Like an idiot I washed my old hog eliminator truck yesterday getting it ready to sell it. Well it really did a number on my back. I only got half of it done for the heat. Know to finish what I started, or maybe not..

Last edited:

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Yeah, this is the problem with permitted carry. Everyone needs the education before doing it, but that comes with the permitting process. Who ever heard of 30.06 before the LTC class...you know?

<>

I’d say that the real underlying problem is “gun shame”, as repeatedly demonstrated by those HERE who unreasonably decry “open carry’’ of pistols by other citizens.

We of my generation had Veteran Dads, Uncles, & GrandPa’s, who taught firearms safety from the crib. We also learned History & Civics at schools with Judeo-Christian Ethics from Clergy & Family.

We had guns IN SCHOOLS, UNIVERSITIES, hospitals, government buildings, etc. with zero problem. We accepted the full RTK&BA in others with no fear or shame.

The entire concept of “gun control’’ is wrong; as it indicates distrust of fellow citizens and disdain for our U S Constitution.

How many more of our children will unnecessarily die from the misdirected “gun free zones” ?

Our society has allowed, even taught, urbanites and those from gun free families to have unreasonable fears of weapons in the hands of normal fellow citizens.

Our question should be: “How could we fix this?”. The answer is to be “brave” and re-introduce safe O.C. to our everyday dealings and travels, by US, who represent the current “Gun Culture” boogeymen of small leftist minds.

Let our young see the normal presence of guns by people of all walks of life in our daily dealings.

Lastly don’t we who are capable have some responsibility to stop those who use guns for terrible crimes ? Don’t we have the responsibility to be prepared to defend ? Our Ancestors were everyone’s FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE !

leVieux

<>

Top Bottom