Join TexasGunTalk

Condor Plate Carriers?

Discussion in 'Knives, Tactical Gear, and Survival' started by Fosty 2.0, Aug 2, 2019.

1. Asymmetrical

Asymmetrical New Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    There’s a few guys rocking Condor PCs over here, and their stuff is coming apart at the seams under the weight of the Level 4 SAPIs we get issued. They could have delayed gratification and gotten a good carrier from a reputable manufacturer (there are none in China) that would have done the job a lot better.
    I’m a big fan of minimalist carriers, and the Ferro Slickster is my current rig. Have been wearing it daily for two years, both concealed and overt, and it is nothing less than amazing.
    I picked up a set of AT Armor STOP plates, and now my whole rig weighs as much as just one of the issued plates. Comfort, I haz it.

DanAntonio likes this.
  2. Asymmetrical

Asymmetrical New Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    I use 1” double sided Velcro tape to attach MOLLE pouches to my belt, and it works very well. It’s also CHEAP at $10 for a bigass roll of it on Amazon.

An added benefit of the Velcro tape is that it helps anchor the pouches against the inner Velcro panel of my belt, which is something hard plastic belt loops and MALICE clips don’t do very well at all.

3. Asymmetrical

Asymmetrical New Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    Composite low profile plates are the bee’s knees, y’all. The AT Armor STOP/Tencate 2000SA plates are rated for M193, M855 and will take one round of 7.62x39 API-BZ, which is a pretty darn good rating for a half inch thick triple curve SAPI that weighs less than 5 pounds.
    They run about $500 a plate, but believe me, after walking around in a set of these things for the last two years, they are worth every penny.

4. Asymmetrical

Asymmetrical New Member

Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    Current belt rig: High Threat Concealment inner/outer belt combo, Blue Force Gear belt mounted Ten Speed pistol and Rifle pouches (1xdouble pistol, 2x Single rifle), Maxpedition Mini Roly-Poly dump pouch, Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Kit, Kydex TQ holder, KTMech Gunfighter footprint holster for Beretta M9.
    JjE2FK8.jpg

Plate carrier and such: Crye Airframe helmet, Ferro Concepts Slickster, Haley Strategic D3 chest rig, Ferro Dangler pouch.
    d7DerdD.jpg

5. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    My condors been hanging on a nail a couple years. Level 4 steel inside.
    Looks new
    For a shtf setup I'm confident it'll hold up as long as i need it
    15894930924068607871983158769732.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. zackmars

zackmars Well-Known

Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Hanging on a nail isn't going to tell you anything. Actually using a carrier will tell you how the drag handle holds up, how well the plate bags handle plate corners, how webbing holds up, how the velcro holds up...

cycleguy2300 likes this.
  7. craigntx

craigntx Daca is caca

Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    I'm not gonna see any extended action. Not worried at all

Darkpriest667 and brashears9567 like this.
  8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Actually Attends

Pretty much this, there is a difference between SpecOps troops and civilian sheep dogs. I don't recommend anyone that's not using government money buy the high end stuff. Condor is amazing for the price.

DanAntonio and Sam7sf like this.