• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    This is a real basic mod that I did to my CompTac Minotaur. It helps to take pressure off of the screws, prevent loosening of the screws, and improve the stability of the holster. The downside is that I cannot adjust it as much, but that's not really something that I need to do.

ctacmod.jpg

Before

ctacmod2.jpg

After

As you can see, I shortened the plastic adjuster tabs considerably. They were already bending from sitting and compression which gives you an idea of how much force they are being subjected to constantly. This force get's applied to your belt and also makes the screws want to back out.

To do this ... simply take a dremal rotary cutter, install a cut off wheel, and shorten the plastic tabs to your liking. You'll need a 3/32nds Allen wrench to get the screws out. I also chamfered and rounded the ends to make it easier to slide the holster in.
    Capitol Armory ad

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Out of all the hybrid on the market I like the CompTac Minotaur best .
    Why haven't they gone to metal clips like everyone else seems to be.

F14Scott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Katy
    I did the same thing with mine, but with lower-tech tools. Tin snips cut right through the plastic, and then I used a metal file to smooth the burr on the edge. It took about five minutes.

I left one extra hole below where I wear the rig, so that I can adjust it later, if desired. I don't notice the small bit of extra clip material digging in at all.

2013-01-19003322_zpsa626dd66.jpg

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    This is a real basic mod that I did to my CompTac Minotaur. It helps to take pressure off of the screws, prevent loosening of the screws, and improve the stability of the holster. The downside is that I cannot adjust it as much, but that's not really something that I need to do.

ctacmod.jpg

Before

ctacmod2.jpg

After

As you can see, I shortened the plastic adjuster tabs considerably. They were already bending from sitting and compression which gives you an idea of how much force they are being subjected to constantly. This force get's applied to your belt and also makes the screws want to back out.

To do this ... simply take a dremal rotary cutter, install a cut off wheel, and shorten the plastic tabs to your liking. You'll need a 3/32nds Allen wrench to get the screws out. I also chamfered and rounded the ends to make it easier to slide the holster in.

I remember when we did that on mine like ~2yrs ago. LOL I think I used garden shears or something to just cut the clip. It was like a night and day difference in comfort. Definitely recommended, once you have yours setup at the right height and cant. Makes bending down, crouching, etc. considerably more comfortable.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    I went ahead and did this today. I had been on the fence about it, but decided to chop that shit up.

It made a significant difference, I believe.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I remember when we did that on mine like ~2yrs ago. LOL I think I used garden shears or something to just cut the clip. It was like a night and day difference in comfort. Definitely recommended, once you have yours setup at the right height and cant. Makes bending down, crouching, etc. considerably more comfortable.

Yep, the biggest difference is sitting in a car. It doesn't try to shove the gun into your sides.

I think we did that at like 3 AM ... LOL

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yep, the biggest difference is sitting in a car. It doesn't try to shove the gun into your sides.

I think we did that at like 3 AM ... LOL

Likely after consuming copious amounts of Whataburger. hahaha In fact, going by the statistics, and considering TGT, I think it's safe to say Whataburger = recipe for success in all things, including life.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    Likely after consuming copious amounts of Whataburger. hahaha In fact, going by the statistics, and considering TGT, I think it's safe to say Whataburger = recipe for success in all things, including life.
    It has got me and my brother through college... (My dad works for corporate.)

Top Bottom