• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dermako

Semi-Retired of that
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    DFW
    Was using an old computer in the shop the other day and it had a wireless mouse . Even when they first came out with the mouse I had issues with it. Of course they were wired originally but I would chase these damn things all over a desktop. Finally they came out with trackballs and my life was made whole again.
    Still, every time I use one now I get the ugh feeling.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Back when i was doing a bunch of programming, My wrist started to get funks, so I switched to left hand. When the left hand got overused, I got a foot mouse. It was a bit of a learning curve, but does have a few advantages.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 13-14-36 foot mouse at DuckDuckGo.png

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    There was a trackball at my first design job. I spent a miserable couple of months struggling with it (and the sore forearm muscles from spending 8 hours a day moving my thumb in an unfamiliar manner) before I managed to badger the boss into getting me a damn mouse.

For me, the common thing that's alien is...basements. Now, sure, I've been in basement levels of large buildings - that doesn't count. I've been in a house basement once in my life. It was a surreal experience. There was no such thing as a basement anywhere I grew up. Bedrock was too close to the surface and it would require way too much blasting to have one.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Back when i was doing a bunch of programming, My wrist started to get funks, so I switched to left hand. When the left hand got overused, I got a foot mouse. It was a bit of a learning curve, but does have a few advantages.

View attachment 471542
    My wife taught an intro to coputer class way back in the 80s. One of the guy had no arms and operated the keyboard with a long pencil in his mouth.
    I wonder if those were intended for people with such disabilities?

My wife was pregnant at the time of that class and I had to fill in at the end becuse the doc put her on bed rest. The guy with the pencil could type faster than I could with funcional hands and I can type pretty well.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    For me the best option is a Wacom tablet. Unfortunately, I've only gotten to use one a couple of time
    I have one I only use for image editing, but I really can't stand it for use as a mouse replacement. Where I work, a number of people only have Wacom tablets and no mice. Drives me nuts when I have to work on their computers, so I bring my own mouse.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I have one I only use for image editing, but I really can't stand it for use as a mouse replacement. Where I work, a number of people only have Wacom tablets and no mice. Drives me nuts when I have to work on their computers, so I bring my own mouse.

Being in a graphics industry...I would be so happy just using a Wacom.

HKSig

Let's Go Brandon! FKH
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Spring
    Wacoms drive me crazy; I make my designer customers keep a mouse on hand. I use trackpads; no more carpal tunnel.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Common things that are alien to me?

Many kitchen appliances.

My wife was out of town once and I needed to do something that required a preassure cooker. I know nothing so I called my daughter and she walked me through using my wifes Ninja thing. After several short phone calls with her, I got it going. She then called her best friend to tell her "My dad is going to blow up moms kitchen!"

Top Bottom