• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I'd rather have a $15 Morakniv than a $300 whatever. Does everything a knife needs to do except maybe self-defense (not the worst but not the best). If you need more than that get a Ka-Bar or a sword.
    A stale thread but not too dead. London (& TheDan) thank you for pointing me toward Morakniv (I'd never heard of it). I got probably the most common one - a 4.1" bladed stainless - & I love it - heck, it's even easy to sharpen. Also I recently acquired the heavy duty carbon version - it's a little bit thicker blade. Amazon is advertising the light duty carbon blade right now for $11.38. Heck, get 2.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/m...arbon-steel-blade-military-green-41-inch-1171-
    Lynx Defense

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I guess it all comes down to what you want out of a knife. Cheap knives often don't keep an edge long and take longer to sharpen. My pocket knife is one of my more expensive ones(ZT), but then I carry it all the time and use it often. I also don't have a losing problem. To each their own.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    My favorites are the Swiss Army knives and in long knives, the Kukri.

I ordered a Kukri directly from Nepal. That Kukri and the meat cleaver in the kitchen are the only knives that make me shudder. They are simply bad ass knives.

Flash

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    I have a couple of the Nepalese Kukri knives, ordered from the company that provides them to the Ghurkas.

They are beastly blades, heavy and very competent. Just the mere sight of an unsheathed Kukri would give most of the nanny-state types heart palpatations!

I was pleasantly surprised how reasonably priced real honest-to-goodness Kukri knives are.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Kershaw, SOG, CRKT, Buck, Ka-Bar, and Ontario all make knives in the $20-$30 range, with some dipping down below $20. I tend to stick with those brands for cheap knifes. It doesn't matter if they were made in Taiwan or China, they're still good knives that will last.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Anyone know of a decent priced S30v steel knife? I've come to really like just how long those staying sharp.

Sent from some where out there.

Last edited:

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Dsmmit... Lost my Kershaw Ken Onion um, er, scallion (? can't remember which delicious vegetable it was). I bought it at Academy years ago for $30 and went to replace it and it's now $70! It's a value @ $30, but ain't worth $70! Guess I'm in the market for a new EDC folder since I can't always carry the Gerber Strong-arm with me.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Dsmmit... Lost my Kershaw Ken Onion um, er, scallion (? can't remember which delicious vegetable it was). I bought it at Academy years ago for $30 and went to replace it and it's now $70! It's a value @ $30, but ain't worth $70! Guess I'm in the market for a new EDC folder since I can't always carry the Gerber Strong-arm with me.

$41 on amazon. Academy is a rip off.

http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1620FL-Scallion-Folding-SpeedSafe/dp/B001DZV2R6

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin

rsscoggins

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2014
    TEXAS
    I carry the Kershaw Emerson - think I paid $30 or so for it at a gun show. Solid knife and holds an edge well and I won't be too heartbroken if I loose it (but I would buy another!)

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ltlavender
    Top Bottom