• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    Most coffee that starbucks and the like have has been roasted to hell. I want to drink coffee, not anthracite. Believe it or not, the best cup of coffee I've ever had was at an Olive Garden. It was dark and had a deep rich flavor with only a hint of bitterness. I've never had any come close to it, not even the next time I went back to the same Olive Garden. It was a rare thing I will probably never experience again.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    i also like dunkin donuts brand coffee - but its better at their store than what you can buy in the store and brew at home..........thats probably because they have donuts in the store :)

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    My dad passed away in 2000 and he always made his coffee in a small simmering pan, open boiling it.
    He would then pour it into a saucer and slurp it off the saucer.

Old Skool

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I have tried the old reliable American brands of coffee and they seemed to have gone downhill in taste and quality but walking through Wally World (WalMart) in Brownwood, TX I saw a brand I had never seen nor used, Don Pedro..About the same price as all the rest, bought a can, read the instructions, a heaping teaspoon per cup, made a pot and WOW ! That's real coffee, it states "arabica coffee" on the can and although Iraq, Afghanistan and the Twin towers in New York destruction, my racism disappeared concerning that word after a cup of Don Pedro ! Like good beer, try it,you'll like it

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub

coffeehahaha.jpg

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    A co-worker brought back some coffee from Peru called "La Cholita"... By Odin's balls that stuff is good! I wish I could find some place to buy it, but my google fu has turned up nothing.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Myself and caffine do not mix well so it's hot hibiscus tea with local honey for me.

Although I do have to admit campfire brewed cains is some of the best coffee I've ever had.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    Good Coffee is like a good Steak: Don't need nothing extra to enhance the flavor.

I've had a good steak, I guess I've never had good coffee if that's the comparison.

I've never found a coffee that doesn't taste like a cup of bitter muddy water.

I put a tablespoon of honey to a 16 oz cup and it's perfect to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My coffee "snobbery" runs as far as buying coffee from a shop in Florence, Oregon.

Siuslaw River Coffee Roasters, The local flavor of Florence Oregon

Yes, it's more expensive than what you get in the store BUT it's not roasted and then sitting in a can for months on end, either. I've tried a lot of their kinds of coffee and many are really quite good. Their Panamanian is excellent but, unfortunately, they only offer it during the holidays. You can order it any way you want, from unground to Turkish grind (extra fine). I usually order Espresso grind for my Mr. Coffee machine at home. Seems to get ALL the flavor out of each pot of coffee I make. And I drink my coffee black.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I stopped drinking coffee about 30 years ago but when I worked in industry, it kept my head screwed on straight. I carried a 1/2 gallon thermos and used to get ticked off over the waste. Some days, I'd dump 1/2 of the coffee out and other days, I used almost all of it. I started carrying hot water in my thermos and made Folgers Instant when I wanted a cup. If I didn't drink it all, just hot water was wasted.

Now, I drink decaffeinated tea. I like the flavors and change up regularly. That's mostly in cold weather and I lay off during the summer.

Flash

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    My wife is a huge coffee snob. She wants some Hawaiian coffee. When she can't get it, she wants some stuff from Peru.

If she can't get that, she gets a couple different Starbucks beans. Has to grind it herself so it's fresh enough. I don't drink coffee. But her level of snobbery irritates the crap out of me. brat...

Dragwn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2012
    Plano
    Always like chicory in my coffee, can get it by itself or get the French Quarter brand or Cafe du Monde, Community Coffee is always good regardless of "style" and their New Orleans blend is the chicory. Other than that, adding a cinnamon stick when you brew the coffee regardless of method works really well.

Ever had Turkish Coffee? Small cup but its good stuff.

firefree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Crosby
    In the morning all I desire is a hot black cup of whatever coffee was on sale at Kroger. At falling star for big bucks they can keep their bitter crap and serve me a glass of iced chi tea.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    i also like dunkin donuts brand coffee - but its better at their store than what you can buy in the store and brew at home..........thats probably because they have donuts in the store :)
    +1 All I drink is the DD Hazelnut blend. It is the best damn coffee that I can afford...

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Nothing fancy for me. Maxwell House is the way to go. When we first started drinking coffee regularly my wife bought Starbucks. Damn that stuff is nasty and bitter. She adds creamer so she really has no idea how bad it is. We do like variety though. Sometimes we go a little nuts and buy Folgers.

Top Bottom