• ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I like my coffee black.

Because I like my coffee black it's important to me to get a great cup of coffee because I don't ruin the flavor with crap like sugar and creamer.

Lately I started using a Bodum brand French press at work to brew the perfect cup because the office coffee maker burns the crap out of the coffee and everyone around here raves about how I do it.

Does anyone here know any great recipes for additives for coffee grinds like cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, etc? I know that some of the fancy coffee shops out there add proprietary blends of spices to their coffee grinds to give it a nice kick, so I'm curious if anyone knows of any good blends to add to the mix.
    DK Firearms

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I don't like "spiced coffee". I do like a good cup and it's hard to get strong black coffee. I have been going to Starbucks for their short black eye. Basically it's a double espresso in a small cup that is topped off with French roast. The Starbucks italian roast freeze dried packets are good if your on the go.
    As for grind your own beans and that sort I just don't have the time. Right now I am drinking wildfire commemorative from 100% Fair Trade & Organic Certified Coffee - Big Bend Coffee Roasters in Marfa, Texas. It's really good stuff.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I had a French press for a while. Then I realized that if you boil water and add the grounds to the pot on the stove and turn the fire off the coffee will steep in the pot. The grounds settle out in a few minutes and if you pour slowly you get few in your cup. Those that do just settle in the cup. It saves me from cleaning the straining press.

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    At $160.00 a pound you may like to try Kopi Luwak worlds most expensive coffee only produced in the Indonesia Archipelago. I watched Modern Marvels one evening on coffee,very informative but I would definitely pass on the kopi luwak aka cat butt coffee.

Kopi Luwak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've actually been wanting to try some of that but at like $50 per cup it's hard to justify the cost. :)

stx kid said:
    I'll throw half a tea bag in with my coffee in my press. Green tea mind you.

You just rip like a Tazo tea bag open and dump half the contents into the coffee grinds? Sorcery!

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I put a regular tea bag into my coffee at work sometimes & let it steep, just for a little more octane.....

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    My favorite place to get coffee, is a Carrabas. Amazingly enough, they have fantastic coffee.

I've trained myself to drink the office crap. As in a cheap bass turd, and don't want to spend 10 bucks on coffee every 2 weeks.
    Sadly, for a while I was pilfering the client coffee, (Starbucks Sumatra) which isn't half bad, but those days are over.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    Our building recently installed a Starbucks machine downstairs that does coffee grinding on demand... Speaking of, been 10 minutes since my last cup...

:ohnoes:

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    It's like Johnny Walker vs. 18 year old single malts. To each his own. Drink whatever you like and most important enjoy what you got.

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    Try a cup of coffee at crave cupcakes if you can. Good stuff.

I like to hand grind my coffee with a manual burr grinder. I use Katz Coffee lately. Real good.
    Bat City Blend supports Austin's bat conservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    And people say the youth of today are spoiled!

The Exxon station down the road has good coffee - cheap too!

French presses and spices?!? I'd probably get tired of holding my pinkie up while I choked it down.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    life is to short to drink crappy/cheap coffee :)

having said that - i only indulge my starbucks deal once or twice a week across the street from the office

i buy a "worldblend" from Costco that we brew here in the office - its strong enough but not tooo strong

some of the ladies in the office have tried to ruin the coffee pot i bought for the office by brewing flavored coffees.....blech

and folgers? sheesh no thanks ;)

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I have found whole bean eight o'clock coffee to be good. I really don't care much for flavored but some folks will put some pecans in the grinder with the coffee

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    setter1
    Top Bottom