• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Thanks to fellow list member Orclin, I will be bringing Suarez International's Close Range Gunfigting to the DFW area May 28th and 29th. The course will not be listed on SI's website for a few more days, but I wanted to let everyone here know what was in the works.
    Gun Zone Deals

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    The location is TDSA. After I get done with this weekends Fighting Rifle Skills in Houston I will get everything posted. It's a go with SI and a go with the range owner. All that is left is some supporting admin work.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    In the course description it says you must attend the Intermediate Pistol class first, I don't know that I can get that class done before this class in May. I have however attended 8 hours of intermediate pistol training with Bill Regina through SRT out of Kansas City, will that serve as enough pre-req for your class?

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Well I really wanted to attend both this class and the Guerilla Sniper 2 Day class. Its just not in cards for both right now, but I think this course would really serve me better for a skill set I may need in the more immediate future! So as long as spots are still open the middle of March I will be signing up!

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    Look forward to having you in class. If there is any way to attend Gabe's class in Orange you really don't want to miss it. Send me a PM, I might be able to send some help your way.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    Well I am all signed up for the class. Pumped. This is the first time in 10 years I will be doing something other than umpiring softball on Memorial Day weekend..

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    Bob Mayne/Handgun World Show podcast will be interviewing your's truly on the up comming CRG class in Dallas TX.

Jon, ran into this guy up in Tyler last summer. Ledbetter and I were assisting/training with Glenn in his CRG class. He came in all undercover, and was doing audio recordings and interviews. We thought he was just doing it for future reference. He could definitely shoot, but he was kind of in IDPA mode. I think we opened his eyes quite a bit when we started touching on pointshooting and dynamic movement. Stumbled on his podcast of the training totally by accident. Bob's a cool cat.

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I'm sure some of you guys that have signed up have questions. If you don't want to send them here give me a PM.

What is a realistic round expectation? The course says 500 minimum, I plan on stocking up over the next 2 months, should I plan on more of 700/800?

What is the class size looking like? I have a friend that is thinking of coming down from KC, but he prefers smaller sized classes (less people, more shooting) like I think most of us would ultimately prefer. I wasn't sure if this would be limited or what the overall participation would look like.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    It would not be a bad idea to bring 700 rounds. I am expecting around 15 students for this class. Even with 15 everyone will have plenty of trigger time.

Jon Payne

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Third Coast
    No pressure here, but students are signing up for this class way in advance and the slots are going to fill up fast. The size of this class is going to be limited so that everyone gets individual attention/training. Don't get put on the waiting list, secure your slot for this class.

Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    Yes, JR, my eyes did get opened quite a bit. Changed my thinking about how I train. I was in IDPA mode, you're right. Now I put less emphasis on that, however I still love to shoot it but I put more emphasis on the "fighting" aspect. I'll be at Jon's class because I feel I need to refine the CRG skills. Next up after that will be FoF for sure. I'm helping Jon all I can to fill up this class. SI should be getting some good exposure from my show too, I talk about it all the time. I've had Jon on twice now, I got a lot of good emails on those 2 interviews.

RickP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    far East Plano
    I'm sure some of you guys that have signed up have questions. If you don't want to send them here give me a PM.

IWB or OWB, for holsters? I was thinking about practicing drawing IWB from under a shirt similar to the way I carry, if that is permissible in the class, no matter how it slows me down.......

Top Bottom