• ...and so much more!
  • Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Good review. Don't know if it's my phone, but some pics overlaped the text. Still got what I needed though.
    For the price, I'll stick with what I have.
    Thanks for the review. He can't fault you for that.
    Very good review but I had the same picture overlap issue on my phone, whether upright or sideways.

Good job Allen and thanks.
    Venture Surplus ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    On the bandwagon.
    Pics overlapped the text. Mobile and desktop.

liked what I could gather though.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    I don't know why the pictures are overlapping the text for you guys, it looks clean on my laptop.

Nevertheless, I've made a second page with just the text, no pictures, until I can sort out why it's doing that.

Text only

Edit to add: if you guys can tell me which is the first picture where it gets out of sync with the text it may help me diagnose the problem.

Last edited:

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I don't know why the pictures are overlapping the text for you guys, it looks clean on my laptop.

Nevertheless, I've made a second page with just the text, no pictures, until I can sort out why it's doing that.

Text only

Edit to add: if you guys can tell me which is the first picture where it gets out of sync with the text it may help me diagnose the problem.
    The first picture is good, the second starts to overlap, third is worse, etc. It gets progressively worse, like the text is on one page and the pictures are on another and the pages are different sizes.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    The first picture is good, the second starts to overlap, third is worse, etc. It gets progressively worse, like the text is on one page and the pictures are on another and the pages are different sizes.
    That is with my phone sideways. With it up and down it is much worse.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Just checked it on a work computer (Windows/Chrome) and it looked fine there.

I made it on Mac's "iWeb" application which isn't exactly a top-of-the-line web builder. I'll see if I can find someone a little more web-savvy that can rebuild it for me.

stemoo01

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2014
    Just checked it on a work computer (Windows/Chrome) and it looked fine there.

I made it on Mac's "iWeb" application which isn't exactly a top-of-the-line web builder. I'll see if I can find someone a little more web-savvy that can rebuild it for me.

I took a look at the HTML markup, but it's a big pile of javascript.

It'll be related to how some browsers are interpreting that & the CSS, but it's not easily fixable with a few <divs>.

Given it's just text and images I would see if there's some form of compatibilty view you can use. Or publish to a pdf & link to that...

Btw, thanks for taking the time to do this review

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    FWIW, with Windows 8.1 and Firefox, the page looks fine to me.

Interesting review, was actually surprised to see how well the stuff performed compared to the MiniMags.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Ain't this some wierd shit. Yesterday the pics, all of the blocked the text. Today on my S5, they are still blocking but you can read the text through them. Provably just the damn phone.

Good teview though.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Just for the record, the pics and text are laid out perfectly on my computer - Linux, running Firefox. I also checked with Chrome and Opera and got the same result.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Ain't this some wierd shit. Yesterday the pics, all of the blocked the text. Today on my S5, they are still blocking but you can read the text through them. Provably just the damn phone.

Not necessarily. I tried to send the pictures behind the text to see if it would make a difference, so the text should be on top. I've got some friends that are going to look into it to see if they can figure it out.

acorneau

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 5, 2014
    Houston
    Great review, thank you.
    So many posts have been deleted that I could find no reference to the actual vendor until your review pointed to your website with all the good info.

Yeah, it got pretty ugly and a lot of threads got nuked. Most of the folks that read those threads would never buy anything from this guy, so beware. However, I said I would do a review on the Raptor before things went to hell, so when he sent the ammo it was only right that I keep my word.

Updates on the web page:

1. I discovered that by sending the text "in front" of the pictures it blocked the links to open the pictures full-size in a new window. That has now been been fixed.

2. I have added the "average distance" to the 50-yard 12-bull target scores.

I still hope to resolve the issue with some browsers making the pictures and text to get out of sync. I'll let you know when/if that happens.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Some of us have real jobs where we don't get out much!! :roflfunny: If you need another review of it quickly, I'd be happy to ship it to you on my dime and you can review it more in depth. Otherwise I have to wait until my busy season is over. Iam though looking forward to matching it against my favorite CCI ammo....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom