• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I have a lot of cop buddies in SoCal, word is the officer didn’t follow normal protocol from the get-go and his death was preventable.

The perp was a member of the Vagos MC gang with a lengthy rap sheet, and was known to be hostile toward cops.

In CA, cars are towed quite often if you’re a citizen and have an ability to pay fines. That’s pretty much how all laws in CA work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    More info:
    Perp served time for attempted murder, unclear if he was an AB109 early release, but he didn’t serve his full term regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Reading a book now about the Vagos MC.

I'm curious when you hear more about the protocol he violated. I have only read the story posted but I can say rarely do things transpire the way they should. I had two buddies that got involved in a shooting and killed the guy. I had cut my hand (could have used a TQ but that is in another thread) so I was on light duty basically doing BS work for the property crime detectives.
    We went out to lunch and every single guy at that table except me talked about the wrong things they did that led up to the shooting. I was a bit pissed.
    One buddy was charged with murder and was found not guilty. He fought to get his job back and then quite that day. Both were cleared by IA.
    He went on to be a hospital admin and the other buddy got into a second shooting, capped that guy and was cleared. He should retire in a couple years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Maybe when doing DL check - felon, check for guns? Guy surely knew gun was BAD for him and decided to shoot it out. Do LE check vehicle for 'stuff' before towing?

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Reading a book now about the Vagos MC.

I'm curious when you hear more about the protocol he violated. I have only read the story posted but I can say rarely do things transpire the way they should.

I don’t have the full story, but as I understand the conversations:
    Car was to be impounded.

CHP officer, in the driver seat of his cruiser, allows the perp to retrieve some things, unattended, from the back of his vehicle...despite knowing the perp’s rap sheet.

Perp grabs a rifle and unloads on the officer thru the CHP cruiser’s windshield.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I don’t have the full story, but as I understand the conversations:
    Car was to be impounded.

CHP officer, in the driver seat of his cruiser, allows the perp to retrieve some things, unattended, from the back of his vehicle...despite knowing the perp’s rap sheet.

Perp grabs a rifle and unloads on the officer thru the CHP cruiser’s windshield.

Initial reports stated the officer was on a motorcycle.
    Is that not correct?

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    I have a lot of cop buddies in SoCal, word is the officer didn’t follow normal protocol from the get-go and his death was preventable.

The perp was a member of the Vagos MC gang with a lengthy rap sheet, and was known to be hostile toward cops.

In CA, cars are towed quite often if you’re a citizen and have an ability to pay fines. That’s pretty much how all laws in CA work.

Of course, I just read an article where the scumbag’s wife said her husband was not a monster but a good and loving father and husband. Pretty good for a gang banger with a long criminal record including attempted homicide. Can’t post the link from my phone but that drivel is not worth reading anyway. I think SoCal media is trying to compensate for the huge response by residents to the death of the officer.

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    Of course, I just read an article where the scumbag’s wife said her husband was not a monster but a good and loving father and husband. Pretty good for a gang banger with a long criminal record including attempted homicide. Can’t post the link from my phone but that drivel is not worth reading anyway. I think SoCal media is trying to compensate for the huge response by residents to the death of the officer.

Yeah the Vagos like most OMC are 1%'ers for a reason. Moons ago, I was a treasurer for a charity biker group. Our President had to have a sit down with the Bandidos President, they didn't like our vest (I never wore one. I rode a sport bike) or the fact we were riding thru Corpus. We hosted a big charity ride for kids and our VP, now deceased had a 357 in the small of his back and a couple Bandidos had showed up. I decided it was time to leave. I found a lot of guys in these charity or Christian clubs, or LE ride clubs are wanna be's. They want to be part of the culture without committing the major crimes or constantly getting in fights. Me, I was wanting to ride and help kids.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Initial reports stated the officer was on a motorcycle.
    Is that not correct?

I dunno but you could be right.

I’m retarded because I’m just following texts a PM thread on a forum and trying piece it together, I haven’t read much about it elsewhere.

Evidently there are a few FB vids that reveal quite a lot, but the links have been removed and I haven’t seen them.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Been texting one-on-one with another buddy.
    Basically I got the gist right, but he was a motorcycle cop, not criuser, and obviously wasn't shot in the cruiser.

Here's the full text string...pardon his typos LOL
    He's anonymous so I don't see an issue posting, there's no private info.

Every LA County police officer or LA County sheriffs deputy what you’re talking around 30,000 police officers is trained in the Academy anytime you’re going to impound the vehicle you search the vehicle you do not let the suspect go back into it until you make sure there are no weapons he can get to the CHP has not done this for over 40 years this is what killed that officer in the late 80s another officer was searching the car from CHP and Fullerton & didn’t do a pat down search also a tactic you learn in the Academy pretty much everywhere other than the CHP it cost at Ofcr this life and this guy had a much higher chance of survival how do you check that car at the worst the guy could’ve tried to go for the gun and fight them and then still better at 50-50 odds or the officer calls for back up and has a second unit there if the guy tries

As I was saying if the officer tells the suspect not to go to the vehicle and the suspect tries to he’s got the drone him and he’s going to be able to take them out before he can deploy that rifle it’s very very basic tactics and the CHP has failed to do the stuff with their officers for years and all of us outside of the CHP just shake her head in disbelief when these things happen

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Pronstars friend: "As I was saying if the officer tells the suspect not to go to the vehicle and the suspect tries to he’s got the drone him and he’s going to be able to take them out before he can deploy that rifle it’s very very basic tactics and the CHP has failed to do the stuff with their officers for years and all of us outside of the CHP just shake her head in disbelief when these things happen"
    Sad

Top Bottom