• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    There is a difference between authentic Mexican dishes and Twx-Mex, but most people don't know the subtle variances between them. Honestly I'm not sure I really know them either.
    Mexico is a mighty big place with lots of regional foods. I have to say I have worked with plenty of mexicans who crank out global foods other the mexican cuisine.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    If you shopped @ the Randall's on Holcombe & Buffalo Speedway I worked there about the longest of any store. Lived just inside the loop off Buffalo Speedway for 27 years

Then there was Alfred's kids deli in the village Kahn's Deli.

Last New York deli I at in in Houston was Kenny & Ziggy's on Post Oak. Never been in the 24 hour Kaehn's in Montrose or the Woodlands

Yessir, that location, Meyer Park(my neighborhood location), Wesleyan, Bellaire.

I don’t know Kaehn’s in Montrose but Katz’s.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You screw the pouch on this one native Texan son. Explain Ekhart, Texas? And then there is this

Edit to add;
    You should read between the lines of the the article you linked. Lefty “green” swill.

Oh, and Elkhart, Texas…….https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elkhart,_Texas

Last edited:

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Sonny boy, I was initially jesting also, but you had to take the left turn. Your apparently much more familiar with fag rally speech flavor than I am. I don’t attend those but to each his own.
    A lot of projection on your part. Just saying.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    See, until Baboon's reply, I was in hopes that invasive for elk meant you could shoot all you want, like invasive hogs... but if they're natives, you probably can't go all Purge on them and come home with a 50' refer full of elk.
    See my post from TPWD’s website.

Here is the relevant part.

Exotic Animals and Fowl​

An exotic animal is any animal that is not indigenous to Texas, including but not limited to aoudad sheep, axis deer, elk, sika deer, fallow deer, red deer, and blackbuck and nilgai antelope. An exotic fowl is any avian species that is not indigenous to Texas and is also not protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act, including but not limited to ratites (emu, ostrich, rhea, cassowary, etc.). Hunting License required.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yessir, that location, Meyer Park(my neighborhood location), Wesleyan, Bellaire.
    I filled in a couple times in Meyer Park, never more then a few days at a time. Hard store to make a profit. Never worked Wesleyan. I was at the Bellaire store for a while before & during the remodel. Another real shit hole store. I was told if you need to shit do it before the store opens, because all the bus riders use the restrooms. I couldn't tell you the amount of times some bus rider started craping at athe front door all the way into a stall.

When HEB finished their store I was hoping the theives would hit them harder. I guess they didn't want to walk that far from the bus depot. By the time I got shipped to Bellaire my heath was big time in the decline. I made it well know I didn't want to get worked to death during grand reopening. That when I got exiled to Sugarland.

When I first got to Holcombe it was still a very good store, but they over built the service meat & seafood cases. Their was 16 foot of fresh icepack poultry, quail, ducks, pheasant, turkeys & yard birds. Those days were when I was the the guy that had to cut the holiday showcases for the the rest of the company to see.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    See my post from TPWD’s website.

Here is the relevant part.

Exotic Animals and Fowl​

An exotic animal is any animal that is not indigenous to Texas, including but not limited to aoudad sheep, axis deer, elk, sika deer, fallow deer, red deer, and blackbuck and nilgai antelope. An exotic fowl is any avian species that is not indigenous to Texas and is also not protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act, including but not limited to ratites (emu, ostrich, rhea, cassowary, etc.). Hunting License required.

Well shit, looks like, if someone has access and permission to hunt on the private lands, they could indeed fill up a refer truck full of elk meat. I need a better class of friends, and a refer truck.

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    I filled in a couple times in Meyer Park, never more then a few days at a time. Hard store to make a profit. Never worked Wesleyan. I was at the Bellaire store for a while before & during the remodel. Another real shit hole store. I was told if you need to shit do it before the store opens, because all the bus riders use the restrooms. I couldn't tell you the amount of times some bus rider started craping at athe front door all the way into a stall.

When HEB finished their store I was hoping the theives would hit them harder. I guess they didn't want to walk that far from the bus depot. By the time I got shipped to Bellaire my heath was big time in the decline. I made it well know I didn't want to get worked to death during grand reopening. That when I got exiled to Sugarland.

When I first got to Holcombe it was still a very good store, but they over built the service meat & seafood cases. Their was 16 foot of fresh icepack poultry, quail, ducks, pheasant, turkeys & yard birds. Those days were when I was the the guy that had to cut the holiday showcases for the the rest of the company to see.

Yessir, I agree on all accounts of the stores.

The showcases at Holcombe were impressive, fabulous.

Impressed, you did good work.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Well shit, looks like, if someone has access and permission to hunt on the private lands, they could indeed fill up a refer truck full of elk meat. I need a better class of friends, and a refer truck.
    A buddy of mine family farm is in Palestine. Nextdoor neighbors elk jump the high fence from time to time. His white trash cousin shot one a few years back in like August.

My buddies brother & he started buying out the kin folk & they guy got ejected. Now the two brothers can't agree on what they want to shoot & the place is stupid with hogs. I tried getting Dustin & Kevin access but the younger brother wont even shoot hogs now. I think they are waiting for the parents to die to sell it off & move on.

The time you drove to my place I guarantee youdrove past some high fence with elk on them.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Yessir, I agree on all accounts of the stores.

The showcases at Holcombe were impressive, fabulous.

Impressed, you did good work.
    It's funny what kind on interpretation there was on what actually was a frenched bone. The 2 best managers I worked for @ Holcombe were not the guys that you wanted making your porl crown roast or frenched veal chops. I seen lots of managers rotate thru that store & the profits of that meat market were really gone before was finished.

I remember seeing Robert Onstead come thru after we started selling beer & wine(something he was against) he was dying of cancer & on his way to the Medical Center. He knew me from all the years I waited on his wife in Sugarland when that store was just built. We had been bought out by KKR at that time, so Randall's in name only. I asked himif he was still proud of what he had built with his other partners. He pretty much hung his head in shame. This was well after Randall's had phuced it's employee's on the ESOP (basically Enron before Enron). Same accountants, same attorneys.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

I don’t know Kaehn’s in Montrose but Katz’s.
    That's it, never been so I couldn't remember. I sure would love to get a few dozen bagels from New York Bagel & Coffee over on Braeswood. I think the breakfast special was $1.99 when we first started eating there. IIRC the last time it was $7.99

FNORD

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    HOUSTON
    That's it, never been so I couldn't remember. I sure would love to get a few dozen bagels from New York Bagel & Coffee over on Braeswood. I think the breakfast special was $1.99 when we first started eating there. IIRC the last time it was $7.99

New York Bagels is just down Hillcroft from me.

It’d be great to figure a way to make that happen.

Top Bottom