• ...and so much more!
  • West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but exactly who is this real candidate going to be in 2012?...

Welcome to the forum...

Chris Cristie from New Jersy is looking good so far, I liked Fred Thompson, but doubt we see him run again. Jeb Bush had put out some feelers, though I don't think he would have a shot at this point, though of the two brothers, he's the smarter.

On the OTHER side of the box, we have Hillary, who some say will resign her post as Sec State and run again...and there are a few others, from funnny to scary. Barney Franks (aka the Banking Queen) anyone?

IF we don't see Isreal blow up Iran, and IF we don't see a million other things happen between now that 2012, I think we see Chris Christie elected Pres, and the Liberal/Prgressives pushed back for 8-12 years.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Granted, many feel that way, but how did that work out in '08?
    SM makes a good point. I have my own theories about 08 and it's a bit long (you are surprised?).

I think that the majority of the country felt that Hitlery would at least be the democrat nominee. Obammy was still a relative no body in the early stages of the campaign. But if you and I know that Hitlery and Bill are two of the most corrupt, vile, evil politicians in the country, you can bet that the democrat big wigs in Washington know 10 times more than we do. They didn't want to see Hill and Bill back in the WH. We think we got it bad now? With the two of them, they would be skrewing us much worse, plus hiding it, so that we would probably be enjoying it.

So when the democrat machine started jumping off the Hitlery bandwagon, it caused a chain reaction. The only other real alternative was the relative unknown, Baraaak Huuseine Obamma.

On the Repug side, remember no one was really taking charge. I always though Guiliani was a shoo in, he thought so too. So he tried to conserve his money, it cost him in the long run. Plus, Repugs had gotten smarter in some areas, we knew that he was probably still anti-gun, pro-abortion. So he didn't fly right with true conservatives.

Since it was still universally thought that Hitlery would be the man, the best matchup to her was actually McCain. She was one of the most hated women in America, he was generally a well loved war hero. She was old(er) and he was old too, the age issue would not come into play at all. Probably what that would mean is many of those 18-21 year old druggies in NY would not even bother to vote, certainly for no one over 50.

Cutting to the chase, it was an election for the ages. Toss in Hairplugs and Sara Palin and a book could be written about 08.

Hey, maybe I should. I almost did.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    SM makes a good point. I have my own theories about 08 and it's a bit long (you are surprised?).

I think that the majority of the country felt that Hitlery would at least be the democrat nominee. Obammy was still a relative no body in the early stages of the campaign. But if you and I know that Hitlery and Bill are two of the most corrupt, vile, evil politicians in the country, you can bet that the democrat big wigs in Washington know 10 times more than we do. They didn't want to see Hill and Bill back in the WH. We think we got it bad now? With the two of them, they would be skrewing us much worse, plus hiding it, so that we would probably be enjoying it.

So when the democrat machine started jumping off the Hitlery bandwagon, it caused a chain reaction. The only other real alternative was the relative unknown, Baraaak Huuseine Obamma.

On the Repug side, remember no one was really taking charge. I always though Guiliani was a shoo in, he thought so too. So he tried to conserve his money, it cost him in the long run. Plus, Repugs had gotten smarter in some areas, we knew that he was probably still anti-gun, pro-abortion. So he didn't fly right with true conservatives.

Since it was still universally thought that Hitlery would be the man, the best matchup to her was actually McCain. She was one of the most hated women in America, he was generally a well loved war hero. She was old(er) and he was old too, the age issue would not come into play at all. Probably what that would mean is many of those 18-21 year old druggies in NY would not even bother to vote, certainly for no one over 50.

Cutting to the chase, it was an election for the ages. Toss in Hairplugs and Sara Palin and a book could be written about 08.

Hey, maybe I should. I almost did.

Damme, Sisco, but you can be a long winded fella.

You make a couple of good points, but I ain't convinced on McCain. He got the nomination, in part, because DIMS could cross over in some primaries and vote, plus many thought he 'deserved' the nomination. ( Shades of Bob Dole ) Let's face it, Republicans have a magical way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. If they had simply done the job we sent them to do, the thought of Obambam would still be something running down Chris Matthews leg.

I don't know where we go from here. I don't believe even the Republicans know where to go from here.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Unfortunately the elephant party thought they had to come to the center and in reality, they were already there, Bush expanded the size of government like no one since FDR.
    What they needed to do was stick to conservative roots. Small govt, low taxes, less regulation.
    I think in 2012, Mitt Romney will be a force. I think Bobby Jindal (with his current press coverage) will be a player. But the reality is that we are way to far out to accurately guess. In 2006 no one knew who Obama was....
    I think we will see the republicans pour it on like never before. I guess, while they are a little better than the donkey party, the repubs dont really excite me much either.

Top Bottom