• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    What an idiot, he acts like their strict gun laws have had any impact on crime!

Actually, they have, by disarming the law-abiding citizens, he has reduced the number of criminals who have been killed by people defending themselves!
    And this is Obama's hometown!

It shows you that the people of Chicago are idiots as well for electing these bozos into office!

I hope someone files a lawsuit against this as soon as possible!

Mayor Daley lays out strict gun rules for Chicago

CHICAGO – With the city's gun ban certain to be overturned, Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday introduced what city officials say is the strictest handgun ordinance in the United States.

The measure, which draws from ordinances around the country, would ban gun shops in Chicago and prohibit gun owners from stepping outside their homes, even onto their porches or garages, with a handgun.

Daley announced his ordinance at a park on the city's South Side three days after the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Americans have a right to own a gun for self-defense anywhere they live. The City Council is expected to vote on it Friday.

"As long as I'm mayor, we will never give up or give in to gun violence that continues to threaten every part of our nation, including Chicago," said Daley, who was flanked by activists, city officials and the parents of a teenager whose son was shot and killed on a city bus while shielding a friend.

The ordinance, which Daley urged the City Council to pass, also would :

• Limit the number of handguns residents can register to one per month and prohibit residents from having more than one handgun in operating order at any given time.

• Require residents in homes with children to keep them in lock boxes or equipped with trigger locks.

• Require prospective gun owners to take a four-hour class and one-hour training at a gun range. They would have to leave the city for training because Chicago prohibits new gun ranges and limits the use of existing ranges to police officers. Those restrictions were similar to those in an ordinance passed in Washington, D.C., after the high court struck down its ban two years ago.

• Prohibit people from owning a gun if they were convicted of a violent crime, domestic violence or two or more convictions for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Residents convicted of a gun offense would have to register with the police department.

• Calls for the police department to maintain a registry of every handgun owner in the city, with the names and addresses to be made available to police officers, firefighters and other emergency responders.

Those who already have handguns in the city — which has been illegal since the city's ban was approved 28 years ago — would have 90 days to register those weapons, according to the proposed ordinance.

Residents convicted of violating the city's ordinance can face a fine up to $5,000 and be locked up for as long as 90 days for a first offense and a fine of up to $10,000 and as long as six months behind bars for subsequent convictions.

"We've gone farther than anyone else ever has," said Corporation Counsel Mara Georges.

Still, the mayor, whose office is trying to craft an ordinance that will withstand legal challenges, had to back off some provisions he'd hoped to include, including requiring gun owners to insure their weapons and restricting each resident to one handgun.

Georges said it would be expensive for homeowners to include guns on their homeowners' and renters' insurance policies, so such a requirement could be seen as being discriminatory to the city's poorer residents. Limiting the number of handguns could be seen as discriminatory to people who owned weapons before the city's ban went into effect in 1982 or before they moved into the city.

"We can limit the place in which those handguns can be located," she said, before adding a not-so-veiled swipe at the court: "For instance, the Supreme court does not want them coming into the courthouse."

Still, Daley indicated that no matter what was included in the ordinance, he expects legal challenges.

"Everybody has a right to sue," he said.
    Capitol Armory ad

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Nothing new here. The Anti Gun crowd will not stop until they have THEIR way and nothing else... regardless of whether their way is legal or not.

Just be glad you don't live there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Just be glad you don't live there.

I don't care how lucrative the job offer, I wouldn't considering moving there if my life depended on it!

The sad thing is, I have an old buddy from the Air Force who does live in Chicago and is a gun owner. He was grandfathered in, but I honestly don't see what anyone would bother to own a gun there considering the Draconian laws they have!

All I've got to say is, God Bless Texas!

Cheers! M2

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    its really simple folks, ALL LIBSH-T/DEMOCR-P POLITICIANS THAT WERE ELECTED IN THAT STATE ARE F--KING IDIOTS!! and the F--KING MORONS that elected them to office, DESERVE ALL THE CRIME AND HEARTACHE AND UNEMPLOYMENT that comes their way!!!!!!!!!! you get what you pay for and i for one, have NO sympathy for anyone who lives in a state run as badly as ILLINOIS!!!! because they can ALWAYS MOVE!!!!!!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Before you tee off on Chicago, let me remind you that the President is from there and this is EXACTLY the kind of law you can expect from the federal government in the near future.

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Before you tee off on Chicago, let me remind you that the President is from there and this is EXACTLY the kind of law you can expect from the federal government in the near future.
    well exactly my point!! more F--king IDIOTS voted him in as well!! but to be honest, ive decided OBUMMER is actually gonna do this country some good RIGHT AFTER A REAL CANDIDATE IS VOTED INTO HIS SEAT IN 2012!! He's actually woken up this country and as soon as he's gone, things will FINALLY get looked at/fixed!! IS 2012 HERE YET?????

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    I wonder what crime organization pays him and how much they pay him to put all of his effort into enacting laws that allow for more rampant violence and crime. Maybe it's the same people who have paid off Obama.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Look, we need this type of tyranny to fight against. Chicago's mayor is brewing the next Federal or Supreme Court Case. With the current ruling and the verbiage from the supporters of the McDonald vs. Chicago these types of laws will be struck down.

The fights not over, and it's good to have a clear enemy.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    its really simple folks, ALL LIBSH-T/DEMOCR-P POLITICIANS THAT WERE ELECTED IN THAT STATE ARE F--KING IDIOTS!! and the F--KING MORONS that elected them to office, DESERVE ALL THE CRIME AND HEARTACHE AND UNEMPLOYMENT that comes their way!!!!!!!!!! you get what you pay for and i for one, have NO sympathy for anyone who lives in a state run as badly as ILLINOIS!!!! because they can ALWAYS MOVE!!!!!!

well exactly my point!! more F--king IDIOTS voted him in as well!! but to be honest, ive decided OBUMMER is actually gonna do this country some good RIGHT AFTER A REAL CANDIDATE IS VOTED INTO HIS SEAT IN 2012!! He's actually woken up this country and as soon as he's gone, things will FINALLY get looked at/fixed!! IS 2012 HERE YET?????

Skeeter, please tell us how you REALLY feel. I HATE when people mince words and won't just come out and say it. LOL!

(very well put, by the way!)

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    There must be some really STUPID people living there to believe that pile of mannure Dailey is feeding them.

I could believe it if the murder rate there now wasn't nearly the worse in the nation, next to Washington DC of course. What does that tell us? Or what should that tell THEM?

It tells me that the gullible guppies there have no idea what it takes to reduce crime, or the murder rate. It tells me that Dailey and the rest of the anti-gun liberals there have the people by the gonads. It tells me that it is never going to change, that the murder rate will just prod along, all the while Dailey will stomp his foot and say "We ARE going to reduce gun crime ....... someday".

It also tells me one big, vital, very important fact.

I am SO glad that I live in a Land of the Free state, TEXAS!!!!!!

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but exactly who is this real candidate going to be in 2012?

I'm new here, thanks to Sisco, and don't know how everyone thinks yet, so the reason for my question.

SiscoKid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SE TEXAS
    Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but exactly who is this real candidate going to be in 2012?

It will take someone with more star power than Jean McCain, able to dazzle the crowds with loads of BS. You know, like Obammy did.

It will take someone who is 180 degrees from Obammy. Like it or not, we tried the "meet them in the middle" McCain and we see where that got us. I don't care who or what, you are not going to get the left wingers to vote for a "moderate" no matter what. So just forget them.

Logical thinking Independents will vote for someone who has a good message, can convince them that "he/she knows the hell what they are talking about". Think about it, that's about all Obammy said in the campaign, he BS'd the simpletons.

Someone must get elected that has a lick of sense of how businesses work, what it's like to actually run a town, city, or state. Gee, am I saying that an elected president must have been more than a Community Organ Grinder?

To me it's a short list of Repugs.

Shooterman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    SE Texas
    It will take someone with more star power than Jean McCain, able to dazzle the crowds with loads of BS. You know, like Obammy did.

It will take someone who is 180 degrees from Obammy. Like it or not, we tried the "meet them in the middle" McCain and we see where that got us. I don't care who or what, you are not going to get the left wingers to vote for a "moderate" no matter what. So just forget them.

Logical thinking Independents will vote for someone who has a good message, can convince them that "he/she knows the hell what they are talking about". Think about it, that's about all Obammy said in the campaign, he BS'd the simpletons.

Someone must get elected that has a lick of sense of how businesses work, what it's like to actually run a town, city, or state. Gee, am I saying that an elected president must have been more than a Community Organ Grinder?

To me it's a short list of Repugs.

I believe it's so short, it's non-existent.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You guys need to know the rest of the story in Chicago. Perhaps I can shed some light on it.

I lived in Chicago during the reign of "Hiz Honor the Mayor", Richard J Daley. He was called "King Richard" and he wielded tremendous power in the democratic party all the way to Washington, DC. It is said that the Daley "Machine" (that's what they called it) made or broke presidential candidates and ran much of the midwestern USA. That bunch has NEVER been concerned about the welfare of the common citizen. They are about power and control.

If you have contacts in the Daley Machine, you get charges dropped, tickets fixed, preferential zoning, regulation, licensing, walk in city position "elections", protection, preferential hiring for plum jobs and on & on. Graft and corruption are rampant and if you are in, you are in. If you are OUT, you aren't squat.

As a tough street teenager, I got some stolen diamonds. My Uncle Al took me to Frank's place, a Chicago bar and eatery to see if the Frank the Fence could buy the rings. Uncle Al vouched for me and Frank came over to talk. When I named my price, Frank laughed and told us to wait a minute. He left and returned with a plastic bread sack FULL of diamond rings! I asked him about guns and he began to drag out super short shotguns, pistols and rifles for us to consider. Uncle Al whispered to me NOT to buy a gun as it probably had been "used." That was fine with me. The point here is that there were Chicago cops in the bar while all this was going on. Frank had "the man"' in his pocket and had no fear of the law. He didn't fear crime, either. No one would dare mess with him!

After King Richard died, the son Richard M Daley was groomed to run Chicago. After holding state offices, he was brought in to run things. Since he ascended the throne, the machine has prospered and he is now in line to become the longest serving mayor of Chicago, an honor held currently by his late father.

Now Obama enters the picture in Illinois. Any guesses how he got elected and to whom he owes allegiance? (hint....the machine). Can you see some connections? Watch and see what happens when Daley fights for control over firearms again. It ain't over.

If you put it all in context and look at the restrictive gun and other laws in Chicago, it makes perfect sense. It is business as usual in Chicago and the State of Illinois under a system of graft, corruption, power and control. Little, common folks mean nothing in that city.

Flash

rodbender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2008
    Elgin, Texas
    Chicago's Daley is an Idiot!!
    What an idiot, he acts like their strict gun laws have had any impact on crime!

Actually, they have, by disarming the law-abiding citizens, he has reduced the number of criminals who have been killed by people defending themselves!
    And this is Obama's hometown!

It shows you that the people of Chicago are idiots as well for electing these bozos into office!

This surprises you......HOW?

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston

There is no such thing as an honest election in Chicago and it has been that way for decades. If they can't win by force and control, they will stuff ballot boxes or lose ballots from unfriendly precincts. More dead people vote in Chicago than anywhere else. The "machine" takes care of its own.

Flash

Top Bottom