• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    vRfRxxe.jpeg

What will happen when a rhino lets go.

Also, doesn't chiappa translate to buttcheeks or something like that?

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Any context for the missing fingertip pic?
    Guy on reddit had his rhino kb. Blew the guys fingertip off since the explosion is directly above the finger.

It's not particularly common (rhinos exploding) but regular revolvers are much safer as you have the rest of the cylinder in the way. Elmer keith made a career over blowing up revolvers, he wouldn't have gotten far with a rhino

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    Guy on reddit had his rhino kb. Blew the guys fingertip off since the explosion is directly above the finger.

It's not particularly common (rhinos exploding) but regular revolvers are much safer as you have the rest of the cylinder in the way. Elmer keith made a career over blowing up revolvers, he wouldn't have gotten far with a rhino
    What kinda loads was he shooting that might make a difference.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Oh I agree nothings safe if your gun explodes. I am curious about the ammo because of whether it might be reloads that were overloaded
    I’m figuring this guy was using some hot homemade stuff. There’s a gun toober who loves the 357 Rhino and I doubt he’d keep quiet if it was junk.

Revolvers remain relevant. (<<< that’s alliteration)

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I've owned the 6" version for years. Many members have had a chance to fire it.

My take is Chiappa had a chance to make a wonderful revolver but dropped the ball. They loosen up quickly, the finish is not durable, and the factory grip sucks.

The design gets your hands very dirty during normal firing.

It's really odd when you pull the hammer back for single action firing (like a woman) and the hammer drops right back down. That'll pucker you up until you get used to it. It has an internal hammer and the "hammer" you see is just a lever to cock the internal hammer.

I went with the 6" because I like the rails but if you mount something it'll damage the finish every time.

The price is too high for the lack of quality overall.

If you want a revolver to last your lifetime then this is not the one.

It is an interesting firing experience and worth trying if you get the opportunity.
    1df2dc10c7b6879aefb2eb5544e231c5.jpg

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I’m figuring this guy was using some hot homemade stuff. There’s a gun toober who loves the 357 Rhino and I doubt he’d keep quiet if it was junk.

Revolvers remain relevant. (<<< that’s alliteration)
    The yankee marshall? He got beat a little too hard by his antfa buddies to know what a good revolver is :laughing:

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    The yankee marshall?
    My first thought. Haven't given him any views since he accused confirmed veterans of stolen valor. I watched him for the S&W revolver content, off color humor, and to see how lefty gun owners think but finally came to the conclusion that he was just a shit stirrer.

eta: His attempted humor was novel during the early years of guntube. Now there are much more entertaining and interesting personalities out there that his schtick is no longer unique.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    I've fondled a few Rhinos off and on (OOC) but never could get past all the quirks. This was all back when they were going for around $800. Most models are over $1k now.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    The yankee marshall? He got beat a little too hard by his antfa buddies to know what a good revolver is :laughing:
    Didn’t know about any of that. I just remember him streaming opening his safe after the innards malfunctioned and thinking “this mfkr is nuts for putting this on the internet” that was it

Top Bottom