Attachments

• 20240105_155250.jpg
      20240105_155250.jpg
      342.8 KB · Views: 56

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Interesting to say the least! Least felt recoil for full power rounds in a similar sized revolver for one. Accurate for two. And three, at the range sure to get a lot of wow that's pretty cool factor. Qualifies as Interesting in my book.

garabae

</null>
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 20, 2023
    DFW
    Rhinos are engineered differently from any other revolver I know. Basically, the lowermost chamber of the cylinder gets fired, as opposed to the uppermost chamber in all standard revolvers. This makes the bore axis unusually low. In my own experience, this translates into the following: I feel much less muzzle rise, and the gun just "pushes back" into my hand when I fire. So, at least for me, this means better control and faster follow-up shots.

There is a caveat here as well. Obviously, hot gases are gonna come out much lower than what you'd expect in a revolver. Unless you place your supporting thumb very consciously, you will get it burned. Yes, that's from personal experience :crash:

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Interesting mechanics, bad da trigger, probably the single worst revolver to have a KB with

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    They look cool but I wouldnt buy one. I did test shoot one at an outdoor show. Didn't notice anything different than a normal revolver. They only let us shoot 3 rounds per gun.

garabae

</null>
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 20, 2023
    DFW
    I wonder if it can be made in 44 Mag like its predecessor. Though I would like a heavy barrel model without the rib vents.
    Oh, that would be fantastic!

Supposedly, one can still find a .44 Mag Mateba for sale from time to time, but the prices are ridiculous.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Sad attempt to breath new life into an archaic type of firearm, the revolver.

I’ll stick to my 1911 with the trijicons, red dot, laser, rail mounted light, and miniature bayonet. 7 in the mag, one in the pipe.

garabae

</null>
    Lifetime Member
    Feb 20, 2023
    DFW
    Sad attempt to breath new life into an archaic type of firearm, the revolver.

I’ll stick to my 1911 with the trijicons, red dot, laser, and miniature bayonet. 7 in the mag, one in the pipe.
    Would have to disagree. Archaic for what purpose? And why assume that someone tried to breathe a new life into anything here?

This is sort of a niche weapon with a highly interesting engineering. Nothing more, nothing less.

And if you really want to debate on the merits for a specific application, I am certain there will be plenty of people scoffing at your own choice of a platform. But what's the point?

Top Bottom