• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Learn to handload, and no need to panic. I've got enough brass, powder, bullets and primers to last me a looooong time, even if I don't replace or add to them occasionally. 22LR is about the only loaded ammunition I buy.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Some say there is limited supply of components just like ammo itself. But I have also been buying up components just like ammo itself. Shoot it and reload it.

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Bought ammo from a member on here today... safe to say his prices were much better than cheaper than dirt’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A & P

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Bought ammo from a member on here today... safe to say his prices were much better than cheaper than dirt’s

Very touchy. (assuming he's a reloader; not a dealer or manf..after rereading your post it wasn't clear but I assumed it was handloads for some reason) If he loads it and sells it, well, that's "in the business" of ammo manufacturing. There's some loopholes I guess like the "I build under 50 ARs on the side each year." I'm also sure he has product liability insurance for when you load the 300bo in the 223 and blame him when your gun blows up. Or maybe you get a squib and then shoot a proper round behind it. Caveat Emptor.

We actually have an FFL06 (the type for ammo) but never manufactured any for two reasons: ITAR and liability. The license is actually only $30.

It's also funny all the people who won't buy from CTD because they're so immoral...until they have a sale next year. What have you done [to] me lately? I've learned that price sells above all else. Service is nice, but price is king. Some people put a value on service but Optics Planet, Buds, and even Academy aren't making money on their great conversation and knowledge about the products they sell.

Last edited:

Gilbertc13

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 27, 2018
    Katy
    Very touchy. If he loads it and sells it, well, that's "in the business" of ammo manufacturing. There's some loopholes I guess like the "I build under 50 ARs on the side each year." I'm also sure he has product liability insurance for when you load the 300bo in the 223 and blame him when your gun blows up. Or maybe you get a squib and then shoot a proper round behind it. Caveat Emptor.

We actually have an FFL06 (the type for ammo) but never manufactured any for two reasons: ITAR and liability. The license is actually only $30.

It's also funny all the people who won't buy from CTD because they're so immoral...until they have a sale next year. What have you done [to] me lately? I've learned that price sells above all else. Service is nice, but price is king. Some people put a value on service but Optics Planet, Buds, and even Academy aren't making money on their great conversation and knowledge about the products they sell.

No it was factory ammo he did not need.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Very touchy. (assuming he's a reloader; not a dealer or manf..after rereading your post it wasn't clear but I assumed it was handloads for some reason) If he loads it and sells it, well, that's "in the business" of ammo manufacturing. There's some loopholes I guess like the "I build under 50 ARs on the side each year." I'm also sure he has product liability insurance for when you load the 300bo in the 223 and blame him when your gun blows up. Or maybe you get a squib and then shoot a proper round behind it. Caveat Emptor.

I disagree.

If price sold above all else you'd be out of business assuming you have a brick and mortar shop. Your name isn't mentioned in the good deal gun thread either. So show me how you have the best prices on enough items to keep your doors open.

Some of us stick to our principles. I wouldn't accept a free gift from CTD. I still get their catalogs though just to trash them because it costs them money. Ain't much but it's something and I smile while doing it.

There are a handful of companies that will never get another dollar from me. Never.

You have any idea how tiring it is to fight three women because they want a stupid swoosh on their shoes? Still not giving in.

When I shop for a product I look for price like most buyers. I don't need a gun guru behind the counter and am also not afraid to spend a few bucks to buy it local. I see the big picture and make my contributions.

Btw don't consider any of my comments an attack on your business. I wish you the best of luck even though you seem to think money is more important than service, loyalty, or knowledge.

I also know that some people are keeping CTD in business and it disgusts me to no end. I just don't get it.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I sent them a little love letter:

So predictable that you would be price gouging at the next opportunity. Don't need anything, but heard you were up to no good, again.

SHAME ON YOU.
    MAY THE FLEAS OF 1000 CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS!

The fine folks that panic buy ammunition at your crazy prices will seethe for years at the high price they paid, and... TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW ABOUT HOW THEY WERE RIPPED OFF BY YOUR COMPANY.

Out, damn'd spot!
    I remember back in 2012 when CTD raised their AR mags from $15 to $55 and their AR rifles almost doubled.

Then there is the shipping based on the "warehouse" from where your purchase ships. A buddy of mine said it was easier to understand double entry accounting in Sanskrit than to understand CTD shipping costs on the invoice.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    Those of us old enough to remember what CTD did during every previous shortage have warned y'all over and over that they are skunks. Same with Dick's (aptly named) Sporting Goods. There are plenty of good, honest merchants out there. Walk away from these jerks and don't let them see a penny of your hard earned money.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It's also funny all the people who won't buy from CTD because they're so immoral...until they have a sale next year.

Completely disagree with you there.... I stopped even considering CTD many years ago, because of their pricing policies. I've seen folks talking about their sales, and never bother to even look. NOTHING they could do would ever entice me to do business with them again. Period.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Those of us old enough to remember what CTD did during every previous shortage have warned y'all over and over that they are skunks. Same with Dick's (aptly named) Sporting Goods. There are plenty of good, honest merchants out there. Walk away from these jerks and don't let them see a penny of your hard earned money.
    Ya, if cheaper than dirt was on fire Id piss my self before helping them out.

If they actually sold dirt it would be as a part of the funeral industry and they would rape people wanting to cover their dead family so the buzzards didnt eat them.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Some current CTD "deals" .223 for only $1.25 per round.. Tax and shipping not included.

1598269017135.png

9mm FMJ only $1.20 per round

1598269285911.png

1598269766661.png

Last edited:

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    ...which is why when I see a member of this forum post up guns/ammo at the artificially high prices, I make a mental note to never do business w/them. It speaks volumes to their personal integrity - or lack thereof.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Nope. I had purchased a couple used GI AR mags for $8, then three months later I got an email advertising them for $120.
    For some reason, magazines don't seem to be in shortage like they were in 2013 right after Sandy Hook. CTD has only jacked the price up to $19.95 this time.

Top Bottom