upload_2020-3-18_18-12-13.png
      33.6 KB · Views: 615

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    I bought a brand new Beretta PX4 Storm Inox from them for an unbelievable price a few years ago. That said, I'd never overpay for their ammo or firearms or anything else due to a panic. Only issue I had with them was hearing they cancelled already placed orders at a certain price back during a panic. That is BS.

They can charge what they want and so can everyone else and people can buy or not buy. Free market. Plenty of stock here so no worries.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Why people continued to buy from them it's hard to understand.
    I stopped buying from them years ago, to be more specific on or about January 5, 2013. Then I started to buy some things from them again in the summer of 2019, very limited to one AK and a few accessories. I bought the AK from them because they had the best price by far, in fact I thought it was a mistake at the time I bought it but they honored a price much lower than their competition. Then bought and AR from them also t a very good price but nowhere nearly as good as the AK's price. I figured they had learned their lesson and that after not buying from them for over 6 years it was okay to forgive and forget so to speak. After that I bought some accessories from them but since have bought nothing because the accessories I bought from them wound up being crapola. Now that they have started this super high pricing on ammo, I see they did not learn squat the first time. So, I am going to discontinue buying from them - probably permanently. If they did not learn their lesson the first time around, shame on them.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Once upon a time I spent around $2k a year there. They probably don’t even miss it.

Mungle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    J

I agree. The best way to deal with most retailers when we find their sales methods undesirable, is to voice our displeasure with our wallets.

But that in itself isn't enough. To make sure the point is properly driven, a follow up with a phone call, email or letter to their corporate office should be done as well. Explaining why they will no longer be receiving your business in the future.

I sent them a little love letter:

So predictable that you would be price gouging at the next opportunity. Don't need anything, but heard you were up to no good, again.

SHAME ON YOU.
    MAY THE FLEAS OF 1000 CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS!

The fine folks that panic buy ammunition at your crazy prices will seethe for years at the high price they paid, and... TELL EVERYONE THEY KNOW ABOUT HOW THEY WERE RIPPED OFF BY YOUR COMPANY.

Out, damn'd spot!

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Long ago before I knew better, I purchased a 20rd box of high end uber hollow point ammo from CTD because they were the only place that had it.
    Only wanted the one box as a test to see if the stuff would even function in my weapon.
    Cost was something like $25 for the one box.
    This was so long ago I called them to place the order.
    The ammo arrived soon enough but CTD had charged me more for the shipping than the ammo!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Long ago before I knew better, I purchased a 20rd box of high end uber hollow point ammo from CTD because they were the only place that had it.
    Only wanted the one box as a test to see if the stuff would even function in my weapon.
    Cost was something like $25 for the one box.
    This was so long ago I called them to place the order.
    The ammo arrived soon enough but CTD had charged me more for the shipping than the ammo!

That is part of the reason I stopped doing any business with them years ago. Also part of the reason for their high shipping costs, is that your order is filled and shipped from different warehouses.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    People are asking 25 bucks for a pmag on tgt.

If you guys stop buying....

That's the good thing about a 12 gage for home defense, you already factor in that it's a crew served weapon for serious engagements. You need an ammo bearer, an ammo runner and a barrel pisser. If you have a 590A1 with the thick barrel you can combine a couple of those cause you won't have to piss so often.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    35 rem.jpg

I am happy to say, I have enough 35 REM to last me a few to several years. I learned my lesson the first time around with it when it became virtually impossible to find even at super inflated prices. I waited then and bought what I could. I kept buying a bit more every now and then and am well stocked now. Same with most of my other ammo although, as I think I mentioned in an earlier post, I sold a lot of my ammo before leaving NY but I also kept a good deal of it.

Something I do not get about folks buying at inflated prices now is this: Didn't they learn anything the last time around and stock up to create a decent surplus of their ammo even if only buying a little at a time!

Attachments

• 35 rem.jpg
      35 rem.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 523
    Last edited:

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I learned my lesson too. When .22 was almost unobtainable. I swore I would get some quantity when/if it got cheap again. I now have over 20k rounds of the stuff. Small and easy to keep. Several thousand rounds of the other stuff each (9mm, .45 acp, .38/.357, 5.56mm, 7.62x51, 7.62x39 and 500 12 gauge slugs/buck/bird shot). Going to pick up another 1k rounds of 7.62x39 tomorrow morning. I started buying mags the minute I buy the gun. A bunch use Glock or AR mags though and are interchangeable. Only the Savage Scout rifle uses its own expensive proprietary mag.

I am not too picky sometimes though if the price is right. I met a guy who does storage auctions. He calls me when he finds ammo as he doesn't deal with it and I get it cheap. Mix and match mostly. I use this stuff for fun so I don't have to open the cases of ammo I have on hand.

Top Bottom