• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    I've had this guy make me quite a few holsters over the years. Immediately below is his between the pant and belt crossdraw. Below that is his between the pant and belt that I use for my P-229, which I will be using a lot more due to me gravitating back to hammer fired sidearms

http://www.jeffreycustomleather.com/CrossdrawConcealmentHolsters.html

http://www.jeffreycustomleather.com/ConcealedCarryHolsterQSBTP.html

The latter is Very comfortable and easy for me to use, being one handed, and easy to put on or take off quickly without unlooping my belt. even though I normally do, just out of habit. And being held closer to the body like it is, makes it much easier for me to cover and access with just a loose t-shirt or polo.

Either, or both, might be an option.
    Military Camp

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    FWIW my wife was an armed pilot for about 15 years until she retired. The training involved lots of practice at turning and firing while in the Captain’s seat (MD10/11). The TSA issued holsters were either a thumb snap leather belt holster or Kydex paddle holster with a lock and release button. Always worn strong side. Issue pistol was an HK USP compact in .40 with no external safety.

It was a running joke that they might shoot the first officer while turning in the seat.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Seated is the worst situation. As a LEO in my car in the passenger seat I have a bag and in the bag is another gun to use if engaged while sitting in the car. Right handed seated in a car is nearly impossible in a hurry.
    Seated anywhere is a bad tactical position requiring increased situational awareness but at the same time really limits response time.

Those guys were aware and watching that guy. None of the 3 should have been sitting in that situation. It severely limits your ability to respond quickly.

There is really no way to completely overcome this carrying concealed. Mitigation is the goal. Not getting behind in the situation is imperative.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Ankle holster for seated. Cross your legs, draw, shoot.

I have one shoulder holster but I hate it. I can't get used to it.

What he said.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      17.3 KB · Views: 327

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    Purse gun then, a LCP or the like in the back of a zip up bible case.

This is actually an excellent idea, especially for church. It puts the gun at your fingertips in your lap most of the time and is fairly discrete. Guess you just have to be careful when you get a bit excited and start waving the Scriptures above your head!

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Some think off body carry, much like fixed fortifications, are a testament to the folly of man. Hubris run amok.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    Has anybody tried one of these:

https://urbancarryholsters.com/car-desk-holsters/urban-carry-stoker-off-body-holster.html

I can see where it might, in some ways, be better to mount one of these in your vehicle. When you get in, remove your gun from your EDC holster and put it in this off-body holster. Then when you get where you’re going, remove it and put it back in your EDC holster.
    Makes sense for a car in Texas because of the whole has to be concealed inside the car thing.

BMF500

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2019
    Magnolia
    Has anybody tried one of these:

https://urbancarryholsters.com/car-desk-holsters/urban-carry-stoker-off-body-holster.html

I can see where it might, in some ways, be better to mount one of these in your vehicle. When you get in, remove your gun from your EDC holster and put it in this off-body holster. Then when you get where you’re going, remove it and put it back in your EDC holster.
    I have the el cheapo dash magnets, they work fine and even hold up while bouncing through the pasture.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I have the el cheapo dash magnets, they work fine and even hold up while bouncing through the pasture.
    I personally think that would be fine, but I'm not fond of magnets, or magnetising metals and carrying them around. Too many precision things that would be affected.

Top Bottom