• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    The active discussion on the recent church shooting makes me rethink my ccw outfit. I currently carry a small frame 9mm in a small of the back holster. In considering the ability to draw while seated in a pew or a restaurant chair, I see the limitation of most waistband holsters so I was wondering if anyone has a particular combo with a seated draw in mind? I used a shoulder holster for many years but that was when I wore a coat all the time.

Thought I would throw this out for discussion.
    ARJ Defense ad

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    Ive tried a few holster over the years.
    Ive got 2 alien gears that are SOB, I've got a few variations of leather & kydex OWB holsters also. But ive found i prefer appendix IWB carry to be the best for me. I think my drawtime is better & more comfortable to wear. I guess depending on if your trying to carry a subcompact or full size could be a comfort issue for some. Right now i edc a sig p938. For xmas i got a czp07 & a new tucker kydex iwb appendix carry on order. So i will see how the new larger frame pistol & holster feel compared to my current set up once the new holster arrives.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    SOB is not a good posistion to carry ANYTHING. Not only could you falling on your back paralyze you from the waist down, should you be on your back, drawing your gun could be impossible

For sitting, AIWB, or a shoulder holster. I carry IWB at 2:30 ish and have no issues drawing, OWB will be faster though. If you are in a vehicle, well, you have over 2000lbs already at your disposal...

I am personally not a fan of shoulder holsters or crossdraw as they can cause you to sweep people during your draw, and the draw strokes tend to be very "telegraphable"

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Sig P365 in a OWB Desantis Criss Cross is my EDC. Fits in the same space where my belly used to be along with a horizontal spare mag pouch on a Daltech Force Superbio belt. Easy to cover with a flap of a tucked t-shirt, a sweatshirt, or bottom zipped jacket. Sitting is easy, but so is laying down with it. I don't think it would work well under a suit jacket.

Azula Leather offers two OWB cross draws with different cants for the P365; I've been thinking about a Seated Cross Draw as a replacement for the Desantis. I think it might be slightly more stable when I'm moving and working.

DyeF9

In Thrust We Trust
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    Red Oak TX
    I carry at about 3:30, IWB. not the easiest place for me to draw from while seated, but is comfortable with my current holsters and I can still draw in the car or a computer chair.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Here's one I made for a P365XL. IWB cross draw. IMG_3352.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3352.JPG
      IMG_3352.JPG
      1.9 MB · Views: 547

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    Ankle holster for seated. Cross your legs, draw, shoot.

I have one shoulder holster but I hate it. I can't get used to it.

jar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    The Valley
    I find a shoulder holster the most comfortable solution for concealed carry and have been using them now for about a half century. Yes, they are slightly slower than an OWB pancake or one of my Jordan rigs but certainly faster than pocket or IWB, particularly in a car or seated just about anywhere.

Top Bottom