• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • springmom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Spring
    I post this as a warning of a company that does not keep it's word. I value honesty and honor.

It may be the store, rather than the company. I live in Spring (hence the name, lol) and go to the one on Treaschwig. Have bought lots of guns there, though not all of them; they have always been fair and done well by us. I'm not happy with the changes they made on their handgun range...it looks like a training ground for the Oompa Loompa invasion. But the folks inside know us and are good to us, and I go there first and give them the chance to make a sale if I'm looking for a good gun. Sometimes they're not the cheapest, but even so, I generally would rather support them than a big box store like Gander or Academy. OTOH, if we're talking $50 or more difference in price and they won't drop theirs, sure, I will go elsewhere.

But honesty and honor have always been real obvious at the Spring store.

Jan
    ARJ Defense ad

Philo Beddoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Lubbock, Tx.
    I talked to one of the managers there and he checked, the gun is still there but someone else has it on lay away with money on it. He went over the paperwork and told me it was sold after he put it back. So either it was not put back (I have no reason not to trust this guy, he has shot straight with me in the past), or someone got it out of where he put it.

I'd make the case that you bought it first so the other guy has to walk away.

Danman28

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Houston
    Hey yall , Im going to jump in here, The guy was talking about the Academy on I10. I am the Hunting manager there and would love to let you know that you would never have to deal with issues like that here. So if yall need anything please feel free to come in and see me!(Danny)

cseale86

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    East Houston
    I bought a Taurus Judge at carters when they first came out i took it home cleaned it up and was curious how well the 410 shells would slide in and out i opened the cylinder and crane and cylinder fell on the floor I called carters with the issue and they offered to help me send it in for a fee needless to say i was finally able to talk to someone with sense and offered to replace it so i took it in they tell me when i get there well we dont have any in stock a few weeks later they called with a replacment i picked it up and havent been back since i have never been treated so harshly by a retail store they accused me of breaking the gun myself firing it etc i understand there are goods and bads everywhere but that was my experience so i choose not to use them I either use buds pasadena gun center or Academy and im content with that sorry to hear about your experience

desperado8556

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Spring
    I've been to the Carter's in Pasadena and Treaschwig, not a fan of either of them. Pasadena for the piss poor customer service and Treaschwig's range is too expensive to go shooting, that on top of the overpriced ammo and targets, does not make for a good day on the wallet. But now that I found a new gun store/range (with a military/LE discount) with decent prices closer to home.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom