ARJ Defense ad

Car in the backyard... what do you do? (endless quest adventure #2a)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car in the backyard... what do you do (2a)

• My three veteran buddies who sleep in the bushes got my back and waste these fools

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Since apparently I can't even find the poll options in a browser, what choices did you offer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Good night.

We will continue with discussion tomorrow about 1 pm with the actors choice and another poll which includes a valid choice, the actors choice and so humor.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Found my library card. For those on TaT:

A) Retreat inside your home, lock yourself in, arm and call 911

B) My three veteran buddies who sleep in the bushes got my back and waste these fools

C) Launch and immediate counter attack even though un-armed, out-armed and out-numbered

D) Retreat inside, grab my 9 and go back outside.

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Found my library card. For those on TaT:

A) Retreat inside your home, lock yourself in, arm and call 911

B) My three veteran buddies who sleep in the bushes got my back and waste these fools

C) Launch and immediate counter attack even though un-armed, out-armed and out-numbered

D) Retreat inside, grab my 9 and go back outside.
    Thankyou. I don't see how going inside with these guys right behind you would be a good idea, but we'll see how this plays out.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    Thankyou. I don't see how going inside with these guys right behind you would be a good idea, but we'll see how this plays out.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Yeah, IF it's feasible then A. It's always better to be inside, armed, w a locked door. I just don't see how that's an option but trying to play nicely.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Yup, A is the first option if possible.

Otherwise, I would have no choice but to pull as much information as possible about my surroundings and the actors, yell loudly to my wife to go inside and get a gun, and hopefully delay long enough that I hear the sweet sound of my wife firing at them. If I can't stay out of danger I will hopefully have found some type of weapon to defense myself with.

At this point, if I'm unable to get inside I would rather my wife be using force than the phone. We are a good half hour from any LE help.

Filling in a lot of missing info with my imagination. Which can always lead to conclusions that may not be best for what actually happened.

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Time to wrap this one up and move forward.

The poll as it stands, shows that 64% choose what I feel would be the best option. Retreat and arm, lock yourself in, and call 911. Observations that this might not be possible as the thugs might not let you are clearly valid. But, it is the most defensible action and arguments as to what might happen should come second to what is best to attempt. An all out counter-attack may be needed. It's just incredibly dangerous when faced when out numbered 2-1 with one armed with a knife and they are both larger than you. Mitigation of risk of injury is important.

21% choose to do what the actor did. He retreated, armed and re-engaged with the two gangsters. I don't consider this the wisest course, but I do not consider it criminal either.

Here is where you might consider discussing why you would have been justified in using deadly force had you choosen to go outside armed in thread 1. Choice 2b. Using actual statutes is beneficial for all.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    If you went out to see if there's an accident or someone in need of help, and you're always armed....
    then the two gentlemen attack you and you shoot them...
    then you've not really violated any laws.

Cogent Design

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    I'd pick A. The husband is kind of screwed in most scenarios here unless he can get the thugs to back off. If he has good reason to shoot from within his home, there is a chance he'll miss given the scenario. Mobile homes aren't made for their bulletproofness so he may get sued.

If there was an option E...I'd call 911, report a drunk driver, then hide in my home armed and wait for the LEOs or the car to leave. I'd also get to the bottom of how my wife's information got into their hands.

Or there is the Biden way,
    Joe Biden said:
    “If you want to protect yourself, get a double-barrel shotgun. Have the shells for a 12-gauge shotgun, and I promise you as I told my wife, we live in an area that’s wooded and somewhat secluded. I said, Jill if there’s ever problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out, put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house. I promise you whoever’s coming in is not going. You don’t need an AR-15. It’s harder to aim; it’s harder to use. And in fact, you don’t need 30 rounds to protect yourself. Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.”

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Hopefully he went inside after his wife did...would be something to come back out and she's stabbed to death.

Top Bottom