DK Firearms

Car in the backyard... what do you do? (endless quest adventure #2a)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Car in the backyard... what do you do (2a)

• My three veteran buddies who sleep in the bushes got my back and waste these fools

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

StevenC.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    San Antonio
    Poll #2a...

It is between 12:00 midnight and 1:00 AM on a weekday morning. You live in a residential neighborhood in a suburb of a major Texas city. Your residence is a mobile home. The neighbor to the south is mobile home some 40 yards away. Across the street to the west is a wall enclosing a neighborhood. The lot to the north is empty and the your lot is nearly 60 yards deep to the east. A car pulled into your backyard via a neighbor's driveway. The vehicle headlights are shining on the back-porch to your home. You are not expecting anyone and parking in the backyard has never been allowed. You own a 9mm handgun and have working phone service via both you and your wife's smart devices. There are two young minor children who live in your home with you.

For some inexplicable reason, you choose to go outside unarmed, and walk off the porch to ground. You observe the driver and passenger exit. They immediately challenge YOU with, "Why you wanna go starting problems?" And, "Is [your spouse's name], OK?" The implication is that you may have harmed her. Though you do not know these two, they used your wife's correct name. You respond that she is ok, and your wife, who stepped onto the patio, declares she is ok.

They are dressed "ganster" with tattoos. For some other inexplicable reason you allowed these two to get within touch distance. Maybe it is the bravado with lead you to walk outside unarmed (or armed, you two goof-balls), but as they start declaring themselves gang members with statements like, "Do you know who are? We're Tango Blast! Were Blastin'!" The driver shoves you and the passenger attempts a sucker punch. It does not connect well so you are unharmed then the passenger displays a knife.

ETA #1: They are both larger than you- height and weight.

What do you do?
    Venture Surplus ad

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Here's a pic for reference:

c802f1045ff04caa65bbe7e08616b160.jpg

Last edited:

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    You've really got no option left but to talk it out or duke it out if that doesn't work. You can't run in the house and lead them to your family. You can't get away. Just hope the wife is smart enough to be on the phone. Either way...prepare for a hurtin.

Last edited:

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Irrelevant as I wouldn't be unarmed. They wouldn't be that close to me. And my wife wouldn't be on the porch with me.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I would have called the police for a suspicious vehicle and readied myself and family if they tried to assault our home......

I don't go hunting....for trouble....

jmho.....

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Try not to get hit when my wife on the porch opens up on them. I might be stupid enough to go out unarmed, she's not but she's not a great shot either...

scap99

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Cypress
    I don't like any of the choices.
    I feel like the homeowner continued down his path of ignorance and tries to fight these guys....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    i see what you're doing now...this guy just hasn't made great decisions so far.

Top Bottom