Venture Surplus ad

Can I use deadly force if I am being jumped by 3 unarmed guys?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    Technically that is sexual assault and if convicted they would have to register as a sex offender. The supreme court ruled years ago that grabbing a woman's butt is sexual assault. Hard part is getting DA to prosecute.

Wow....
    Venture Surplus ad

indpendnt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    DFW
    What next poison his dog?
    Is it a 'good' dog?
    Do we like his dog?
    Is it a dog worth keeping for ourselves?
    What are the moral objections to poisoning a K9? Is that any different than say poisoning a coyote? If so why?
    Was the dog involved in said groping? Did the dog try to defend its owner’s deplorable actions when said owner was confronted?
    What's the dog’s personal views and stance on sexual harassment? Perhaps it's a female dog and would side with the offended human female?

Too many variables to answer this question on this thread...
    I think we should leave the dog out of it...

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Is it a 'good' dog?
    Do we like his dog?
    Is it a dog worth keeping for ourselves?
    What are the moral objections to poisoning a K9? Is that any different than say poisoning a coyote? If so why?
    Was the dog involved in said groping? Did the dog try to defend its owner’s deplorable actions when said owner was confronted?
    What's the dog’s personal views and stance on sexual harassment? Perhaps it's a female dog and would side with the offended human female?

Too many variables to answer this question on this thread...
    I think we should leave the dog out of it...

You're right, I think we're barking up the wrong tree.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    thumbnail.aspx

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Geeze, you guys are way too covert and complex for me. If I'm happy.....you'll know it. If I'm pissed off, you'll know that, too. With this grope guy, if it's bad enough to get revved up about it, it's bad enough to file charges on him. That's open, honest and civilized. If it wasn't worth filing charges on him, then it's time to let it go and move on.

Flash

The Lox

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Farmers Branch
    I am taking my class tomorrow so obviously not sure here, but back in KS there was a rule of Willful Retreat, which meant even if you had started the "fight" but given yourself up and your attacker continued to peruse you that you could then reapply the rules of deadly force if you were in fear for your life...

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    I am taking my class tomorrow so obviously not sure here, but back in KS there was a rule of Willful Retreat, which meant even if you had started the "fight" but given yourself up and your attacker continued to peruse you that you could then reapply the rules of deadly force if you were in fear for your life...

You will learn tomorrow then. Texas is a stand your ground state.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

You'll be able to peruse the manual while you pursue your license.

fenster700

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    nwsa
    Given the OP's scenario, how would the "stand your ground" law apply? Seeing as how the OP was in the gropers house. All or most "what ifs" aside. Seems to me it would still apply regardless of location. Obviously OP was invited in otherwise table turned. lol

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Given the OP's scenario, how would the "stand your ground" law apply? Seeing as how the OP was in the gropers house. All or most "what ifs" aside. Seems to me it would still apply regardless of location. Obviously OP was invited in otherwise table turned. lol

Simple: It doesn't. Glossing over the term "stand your ground" isn't a legal term.

Groping isn't a life threatening act. Then you cannot be the one provoking\ escalating a situation by threatening to kick someone to the curb unless they apologize anywhere let alone their home. OP didn't have a leg to stand on. If he'd pulled a gun in the given situation it'd have been deadly force at best, manslaughter at worse.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse

It was not all all, someone derailed the thread with something from another state.

Robmoo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Arlington
    Out on the street and 3 guys jump you, certainly. Three guys even unarmed are certainly capable of cause serious injury or death.

In some guy's house at party were there is drinking involved? If you are drinking leave, use verbal judo, take the beating, or plan on a stint in prison after all is said and done. If you have not been drinking, have reason to fear for your life, and have no other reasonable means out of the situation, better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I say try to leave or otherwise get out of the situation because even if a jury finds you not guilty you'd have to suffer through all the other consequences. Just because one legally can do something doesn't make it moral or even a good idea and I'm no lawyer, but this situation is going to look too fuzy to a DA and likely a jury. A DA who wants your a$$ is going to paint you as a trouble maker who went to the party looking for a excuse to gun someone down.

Top Bottom