Hurley's Gold

Can I use deadly force if I am being jumped by 3 unarmed guys?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    +1
    And don't go back. You don't define 'groping', but I don't see calling cops for that. People do stupid crap we just have to get over. As soon as the 3 guys see cops, their 'story' will change.
    Achyhol 'll do that.

Just get over it? Seriously?

That may be fine with you buddy, but I don't live in a world where a guy can touch a girl wherever he wants without her permission and get no reprocussion. That's absurd. We have laws for a reason.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Just get over it? Seriously?

That may be fine with you buddy, but I don't live in a world where a guy can touch a girl wherever he wants without her permission and get no reprocussion. That's absurd. We have laws for a reason.

I understand you're angry, I would be too, but I wasn't involved. Calm down, give an accurate description of the groping, and I may have a different viewpoint.

Judging by your words so far, that is the world you live in because you did nothing to the guys (3 on 1, wise choice) and no legal action has been taken. Just sayin

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Calm down, give an accurate description of the groping, and I may have a different viewpoint.

Judging by your words so far, that is the world you live in because you did nothing to the guys (3 on 1, wise choice) and no legal action has been taken. Just sayin

He grabbed her tits.

Touche. I feel like a ***** for not doing anything as it is, but that is just something I have to accept having a CHL and wanting to maintain a clear record. Not to mention i'm 100% sure I would've got jumped and eventually ended up in a very bad situation unless they were scared off.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    So, either do something about it ( involve law enforcement, kick his ass) or move on.
    If you feel as strongly about it as you say and feel the need to remedy the situation or exact justice then do so. If you decide to go kick his ass just don't carry when you do.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Re-read your stuff. Scenario as described - out of range, call cops, and file complaint is good. You haven't mentioned what the gf thinks.

Not trying to get into a bazillion 'what ifs' but you brought it up. If it was only 1 guy you were up against, and you didn't want to go the legal route, you could always secure the weapon in the car and proceed to explain (BAM!) in a calm (BANG!) tone of voice that your gf (STOMP!) didn't appreciate what he (CRACK!) did.

Don't beat yourself up over it. Live, learn. I think post #2 said it sucks. Legal or physical.
    Sounds like he and his gf are a good match.

Who the hell let Batman writers in?

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Sounds like you handled it in an appropriate manner (being that you were armed, etc.). Personally, I'd leave it behind me, but that's just me. Like someone mentioned, ask your girlfriend what she wants to do as she was the one groped (and she would be the one to file charges if that's what she wanted to do, even now if she wanted to, but................that might be a big hassle).

Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    So now that everyone is aware of the situation,

If I was trying to leave and get in my car and they followed me out (with intent), is that still out of the question to protect me and her?

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    It seems like now you are just looking for a fight. Are you wanting us to give you permission? Do what you want, but be prepared to face the consequences.

I think we all can agree that what he did was wrong, and that you handled it the right way given the circumstances. At this point, it is over. If your gf wants to file a complaint, let her. If you go looking for trouble now, you are probably going to find it.

Do you really think kicking his ass is going to teach him a lesson? Or do you think it is going to make him want revenge?

espy59lc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    San Antonio
    Oh come on man, just posted it to be funny. Plus he is a boxer.

Honestly if it was a big deal you'd have done something about it(or she would file a report). Either called the cops, or beat his ass. Why were you hanging with these guys anyways at his house? these were her friends, she needs new friends.

Again, what was her thought on the situation? I haven't seen an answer about that yet, unless I missed it.

To answer your question, no you don't have grounds to use your weapon. And yeah, too many "What if this, what if that's". Leave it where its at. If you feel your life is in danger or another life is in danger then yes, if not, then no.

Were you guys drinking or just hanging out?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You cant file charges for 'assault- by contact' on you GF's behalf, she has to do it herself. I would chalk it up to a lesson learned. I am truly not trying to be a dick, but if you dont know when you can use a firearm to defend yourself, you should reconsider carrying until you are more confident in making that decision. While you are thinking about whether to use it or not, someone will take that gun and feed it to you.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    So now that everyone is aware of the situation,

If I was trying to leave and get in my car and they followed me out (with intent), is that still out of the question to protect me and her?

Possibly, still a lot of variables.

I still say rule of three stupids.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    When I worked in the prison system, I had an Offender assistant who was doing time for something that may be relevant. His brother was beaten pretty badly by a couple of guys. The next day, the Offender went looking for them, located them and when they saw him, they ran inside a house. He was a big guy who simply crashed through the front door and proceeded to apply a "tune up." He went to prison for it.................not just a state jail......the real "ID" unit lockup where I worked. It was a violent crime and he did hard time for it.

He was bitching about his case one day so I asked him: Did you have a cell phone? He replied "Yes." I said "If you had called the law instead of crashing the door down, THEY would be in here, right now instead of you."

Just a thought.....................

Flash

Top Bottom