• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Ive really been thinking about the popularity of the coyote and flat dark earth colors.
    I like the coyote color for pants because it looks like typical nerd cargo pants. I have to blend in at work, too ;)

Animals are brown colors for a reason, tho. Brown hides well. Ever see a coyote in tall dry grass? Blends right in. Those colors aren't just for the desert.

craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    I'm frugal, buy gear if it will function and has to be a good buy. I've got bags full of holsters BOB s and other camo gear.

I'm not trendy enough to match...... unless I'm duck hunting. I love Max4 camo, works well in all kinds of hunting applications.

Usually At the range I have multicam ball cap with Texas flag on it. T shirt and tan sling and holster of a different pattern camo. And some jeans and cowboy or combat boots.

I really don't care if I match.

concentrate on skill not gear....... unless it's a really really good deal 8)

Last edited:

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    I pulled some pics from a game camera and saw myself in the camo I normally wear hunting. I was surprised how different it looks with the IR camera!

I read an article some years ago that said if you want to see how good your camo is, take a black-and-white photo of yourself in front of the area you will be hunting in. Since most animals don't see color, that's how they will perceive you. It's surprising how different it can look.

Kodak and others used to have a wratten 90 filter that would change colors to monochrome. It was for viewing the separation of various colors for B&W photography. Used to determine what filter you needed to make certain shades separate from other colors in the same value range. One of those would be good for checking camo in the woods.

During WWII they used to use color blind folks to help develop camo and camo patterns. I knew a guy who did that for the army during WWII.

Top Bottom