• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Hole dug to where there's 3+' above the top of the container. I'd suggest a big army surplus pelican box. Big enough to store it.

Add a foot of dirt on top of the sealed box. Throw a few chunks of metal on top of that. Brake rotors, bicycle handle bars, general metal crap. Fill the hole up. The dirt has to be compacted or you'll get an low spot.

Take a couple gallons of high test sugar water and pour all over the spot. Camouflage till the vegetation grows back.

Map the location.

Please explain the bolded part.
    Venture Surplus ad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Decoys in case someone decides to dig the spot. Even with a metal detector. The sugar water is for the fireants to alter their decision to dig there.

Any metal objects. As long as they're worthless. Beer cans, bolts, nails, beer bottle tops. You want it to look like a buried trash dump. Not worth digging.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    I have to comment about the lighter.

In a conversation with someone that survived living in Bosnia during the conflict there. The one item he deemed more important than any other item was a lighter. He wished he had a case of Bic lighters. Besides being useful, they had an unexpectedly high barter value.
    YMMV

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    It's one of the few things still made in the USA.

Bic lighter. I have prolly 15 laying around the house. Some brand new in inventory.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    For dampness control in the sealed container. Wal-Mart sales a tub of Damp Rid near the automotive section. It's a mid level desiccant used to suck the moisture out of boats and RV's.

Pop the tub open and pour a layer inside the container you're using. The white flakes are the substance that absorbs the moisture. Something like 300x it's weight. It's inert and won't harm things it's next too. Besides food.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Back it up with a vapor rust stick up. Lowe's sales them. It's a small block canister that admits a rust preventative vapor. I've seen them under the WD4O brand. Used personally, they work protecting, in the white, steel firearm parts/tools. In a non airtight box.

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    alot of you are planning to be able to hunt or fish during SHTF
    I think about 2 things. Unless you have your own land, where are you planning on doing this? tresspassing is a bad idea, and espessially bad during SHTF
    some landowner can see you on his place, taking his resources and blow your brains out from the comfort of his lookout point.
    secondly, the game gets scarce during hunting season due to the increas of the number of people in the woods.
    this will be maginfied if only a small percent of a town of 100 people takes to the surrounding woods to look for game.

instead of planning on being Rambo and jumping from a tree to kill a pig with that big knife you have, you should spend your money on food storage instead

that is something you can count on instead of hope for

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    alot of you are planning to be able to hunt or fish during SHTF
    I think about 2 things. Unless you have your own land, where are you planning on doing this? tresspassing is a bad idea, and espessially bad during SHTF
    some landowner can see you on his place, taking his resources and blow your brains out from the comfort of his lookout point.
    secondly, the game gets scarce during hunting season due to the increas of the number of people in the woods.
    this will be maginfied if only a small percent of a town of 100 people takes to the surrounding woods to look for game.

instead of planning on being Rambo and jumping from a tree to kill a pig with that big knife you have, you should spend your money on food storage instead

that is something you can count on instead of hope for

You plan for both. Stationary and mobile. If I get that hungry enough. Forget the knife. Ill jump out the tree with a big rock. Lords know Ill wish I had a DVD player at camp to watch Rambo. TV and a bag of chips.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Weather radio. Did anybody add that that yet?

Hand crank jobber. Something with an AM. There's talk about HAM radio stuff floating the board. I don't know a thing about it. I'd like to though.

Someone needs to start a thread.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    grasshopperglock; said:
    There's talk about HAM radio stuff floating the board. I don't know a thing about it. I'd like to though.

Someone needs to start a thread.

Mm mm yes gotta have bacon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Oh, hahaha... I was thinking like a mouthpiece on a saxophone or something similar. I can see how to use that in hand to hand combat, but I was having a hard time understanding why to cache one.
    Why wouldn't you have a saxophone in your cache?

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Macgyver could have made this list so much shorter with a Swiss Army knife and some duct tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Another thing worth adding. Yes, tested it personally. It's worth the $150. Samick Sage, take down recurve. 30-40# weight range. Three arrows and two strings.

Hand pump water filter. Ceramic filter preferred.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Seeds. Sealed and dry.

All kinds of stuff. Things that can be used to barter with. Something like hard turnips. You could trade them for ammo....in a shtf situation.

Someone's gonna want to eat that hard basturd and will trade ammo to get it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom