• leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Another option is the Sig P322.
    They are readily available now.
    I snagged one a few months ago and like it pretty well.
    I have the TX22, G44 and now P322.
    The P322 “feels” the best in my hand, but I shoot the G44 the best.

<>

If buying for CC, COMFORT OF CARRY & CONCEALABILITY should be primary characteristics.

<!>

Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    My primary carry gun is a Glock 19. I bought a G44 when 9mm ammo was so hard to get because I could still get 22lr cheap and my wife and I would shoot her S&W M&P 22 Compact. Now she shoots the S&W when we go to the range but she always likes to shoot the G44 too. She always liked to shoot my G19 and likes the Glocks better.

The M&P 22 Compact is a good gun for a lady because it is a little bit smaller and much easier to rack the slide than the Glocks.

I won't shoot Remington in my Glock 44 because it leaded up the barrel really bad. CCI mini-mags and Aguilla both go through the Glock really well but Federal Automatch is pretty lousy and has far more failures to eject and failures to feed than either of those. But, it's not a real big deal because we are shooting at the range and have plenty of time to clear the gun and re-rack the slide. We don't use the 22's for defense but only for the range.

justmax

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    My old Ruger MKII with integral suppressor is a great trainer. Not having to wear hearing protection is nice in that the trainee can hear range command & instructions better. Limited report & muzzle flash also makes for a great training gun.
    Tell us about that holster.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My primary carry gun is a Glock 19. I bought a G44 when 9mm ammo was so hard to get because I could still get 22lr cheap and my wife and I would shoot her S&W M&P 22 Compact. Now she shoots the S&W when we go to the range but she always likes to shoot the G44 too. She always liked to shoot my G19 and likes the Glocks better.

The M&P 22 Compact is a good gun for a lady because it is a little bit smaller and much easier to rack the slide than the Glocks.

I won't shoot Remington in my Glock 44 because it leaded up the barrel really bad. CCI mini-mags and Aguilla both go through the Glock really well but Federal Automatch is pretty lousy and has far more failures to eject and failures to feed than either of those. But, it's not a real big deal because we are shooting at the range and have plenty of time to clear the gun and re-rack the slide. We don't use the 22's for defense but only for the range.
    My wife's instructor had her begin with the range Glock 44 and she did very well in first lesson and those thereafter. During one of her latter lessons she told him she wanted to try my S&W 9mm. She fired about 3 rounds and that was all she wanted. I watched thru the glass as usual. They brought it back out to me and grabbed their Glock 44 once again.

Bad Hombre

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2023
    Texas
    My wife's instructor had her begin with the range Glock 44 and she did very well in first lesson and those thereafter. During one of her latter lessons she told him she wanted to try my S&W 9mm. She fired about 3 rounds and that was all she wanted. I watched thru the glass as usual. They brought it back out to me and grabbed their Glock 44 once again.
    Well I've never shot a M&P 9mm so I don't have an opinion. But I like the little 22 compact OK and so does my wife, but we both prefer to shoot the Glock 44. Only thing that I kind of don't like about the M&P is it seems to have a very long trigger pull.

DaBull

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 19, 2021
    San Antonio, TX
    Not made any more, but my experience with the S&W 422/622/2206 semi-auto was that it functioned fine with the budget Remington and Federal .22LR. It even worked caked with wax that melted off the heads of Aguila .22LR.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Well I've never shot a M&P 9mm so I don't have an opinion. But I like the little 22 compact OK and so does my wife, but we both prefer to shoot the Glock 44. Only thing that I kind of don't like about the M&P is it seems to have a very long trigger pull.
    I got her a Taurus TX 22. cal and lots of CCI ammo for Christmas and she loves it. It has a manual safety which I demand. The Glock has none.

Top Bottom