• ...and so much more!
  • Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    My old Ruger MKII with integral suppressor is a great trainer. Not having to wear hearing protection is nice in that the trainee can hear range command & instructions better. Limited report & muzzle flash also makes for a great training gun.
    Color me jealous, that is sweet. I have a mk 2 competition model I love . A 22 suppressor is on the list to aquire.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Color me jealous, that is sweet. I have a mk 2 competition model I love . A 22 suppressor is on the list to aquire.
    My old pal Ralph gave me that pistol a suppressed Ruger 77/22 and a 30 caliber suppressor that was made in Palestine by John's Guns. The Anderson county sheriff was replaced by a Democrat & he kept callingATF on Ralph even when everything was legal. ATF finally to the sheriff to stop. Ralph up in his year new I could own NFA and said take them they are to much hassle & I Don't want Beth (his daughter) to have to deal with it once I'm gone. Not wanting anything for them I loaded Ralph up with ammo gifts worth the value of. Ralph just turned 89 years young. He is legally blind and hard of hearing and lives by himself.
    IMG_4025.JPG

Here is the .30 caliber can on an O3A3 that I had built as a SBR.
    IMG_3748.JPG

The same can on my .300 Whisper. Yup that's right a .300 Whisper predating the .300 Black out many few years. I don't have a picture of my lawn lion gun (the 77/22) its integrally suppressed too.

Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    My old pal Ralph gave me that pistol a suppressed Ruger 77/22 and a 30 caliber suppressor that was made in Palestine by John's Guns. The Anderson county sheriff was replaced by a Democrat & he kept callingATF on Ralph even when everything was legal. ATF finally to the sheriff to stop. Ralph up in his year new I could own NFA and said take them they are to much hassle & I Don't want Beth (his daughter) to have to deal with it once I'm gone. Not wanting anything for them I loaded Ralph up with ammo gifts worth the value of. Ralph just turned 89 years young. He is legally blind and hard of hearing and lives by himself.View attachment 454198
    Here is the .30 caliber can on an O3A3 that I had built as a SBR.View attachment 454202
    The same can on my .300 Whisper. Yup that's right a .300 Whisper predating the .300 Black out many few years. I don't have a picture of my lawn lion gun (the 77/22) its integrally suppressed too.
    Very nice, thank you for sharing.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    My old Ruger MKII with integral suppressor is a great trainer. Not having to wear hearing protection is nice in that the trainee can hear range command & instructions better. Limited report & muzzle flash also makes for a great training gun.
    Except, that only can be done if nobody else is at the range shooting.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    My wife joined the range a few years ago and I introduced her to one of our trainers. He trained her with the Glock 44 and she did very well. He was beaming after her first introductory lesson, which he never does, he told me and the owner "she's a natural". I was taking pics and video thru the glass and kept her targets. She had many more lessons. I went to Academy to get her one for Christmas but saw they don't have a manual safety, a must for me. Seeing how she had been training with no manual safety, I wasn't sure what to do. However I sprang for the Taurus TX 22 with manual safety and she loves it !! CCI ammo a must, hands down. I got her hollow points.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    I do not wear hearing protection. My hearing is fine. Even when.50 BMG’s are in use.
    We didn't wear hearing protection in 'Nam either until we woke up. Figured out on our own when ears were stinging. Cigarette butts sufficed but was too late for most.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    We didn't wear hearing protection in 'Nam either until we woke up. Figured out on our own when ears were stinging. Cigarette butts sufficed but was too late for most.
    I was at an event at the YO Ranch where the then owner was checking everyone’s toys. Here is a guy who was a multi million and he was using 7.62 brass for hearing protection.

Top Bottom