• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    i couldn’t imagine buying an AR in the current market.
    this is kind of approaching the time to sell.

Me either, but then again both you and I probably have somewhere between one or a thousand AR's. Seems like the OP has none. That is who most of the buyers have been in the last several months. Guys and gals looking for the first and probably only AR. They honestly couldn't care if it's double what we paid, when up against the probability of having one or none.
    Guns International

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Me either, but then again both you and I probably have somewhere between one or a thousand AR's. Seems like the OP has none. That is who most of the buyers have been in the last several months. Guys and gals looking for the first and probably only AR. They honestly couldn't care if it's double what we paid, when up against the probability of having one or none.
    Yeah, I resemble that remark. And yes, the tardy bell has rung. The penalty for being late is limited availability and higher cost. I, and probably a lot of folks, understand and accept that.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    That writing has been on the wall for the last four years. And with prices for a complete AR hovering under the $400 mark for many months, and ammo having been as cheap as it was for a long time, and the cheapest it’s been IN a long time, I’ve been saying to stock up now or cry a lot in the future like a broken fucking record.

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    Yeah, and people will just walk thru the front door with them. Keep thinking that.
    A sure fire plan to turn law abiding citizens into criminals.
    I will bet nothing happens with existing owners. Just get harder to buy a new one.

The big donors (including Bloomberg) will demand a mandatory “buy back”. Of course it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    In the past 3-4 months I could "usually" hit Academy between 10-11am and purchase all they allow one person to purchase. Then I could visit 2 other locations and do the same. I'm thinking it's be close to a month since I've found and 9mm or .22LR anywhere. 3 Academy's, Cabela's, Field and Stream(yeah I know) and the most rare occasion that I go to BassPro looking for something else.

Heard a conversation between shopper and Academy employee the other day;

Customer: Do y'all ever get any handgun ammo in stock?

Academy Employee: Yes, we had some just today. But, if you are not in line to buy it ~8am you won't get any.

Customer: What time do y'all open?

Academy Employee: 9am.

So right now, at the Academy's I shop at you have to invest 1hr for a "maybe". Who knows? Might have to start camping out for days at a time - if even that remains a possibility.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    In the past 3-4 months I could "usually" hit Academy between 10-11am and purchase all they allow one person to purchase. Then I could visit 2 other locations and do the same. I'm thinking it's be close to a month since I've found and 9mm or .22LR anywhere. 3 Academy's, Cabela's, Field and Stream(yeah I know) and the most rare occasion that I go to BassPro looking for something else.

Heard a conversation between shopper and Academy employee the other day;

Customer: Do y'all ever get any handgun ammo in stock?

Academy Employee: Yes, we had some just today. But, if you are not in line to buy it ~8am you won't get any.

Customer: What time do y'all open?

Academy Employee: 9am.

So right now, at the Academy's I shop at you have to invest 1hr for a "maybe". Who knows? Might have to start camping out for days at a time - if even that remains a possibility.
    Ditto here. I saw some junk-ass .380 on the shelf the other day. Bought my limit in 22LR instead. 22 mag yesterday. In the Tomball Academy if you’re sporting a .450 Bushmaster you’re in good shape.

Dougw1515

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2020
    USA
    Ditto here. I saw some junk-ass .380 on the shelf the other day. Bought my limit in 22LR instead. 22 mag yesterday. In the Tomball Academy if you’re sporting a .450 Bushmaster you’re in good shape.
    Yeah... I've seen some .450 and 6.5 creedmore on the shelves in multiple locations. Not a ton of it but more than '0' like 9mm, 5.56 Nato, .223, .45, 380... hell you name it - it ain't there. Now even shotgun ammunition is starting to look weak on the shelves.

I'm starting to get into ammo cases that I haven't had to touch since I started buying ammo. That's what concerns me. Used to be, at the very least, in a week I could buy what I was going to shoot that week 4-500 rounds @ 2 trips to the range per week. Not now. Might have to start cutting back on range visits or rounds fired per visit which would suck 'cuz Lord knows I need the pratice!

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    It is indeed getting lean out there again. I'll echo Doug's sentiments about academy. I had found a lil of this and that across three different stores and now nothing for weeks. As far as ARs, there are still plenty out there. Sigm400s are 800$ish and much better quality than a delton or radical or Bear Creek or psa.

If you commit a few days to standing in line you will at least have something to show for it. Also as much as everyone thinks it will only get worse, the panic is only here in the US. The overseas manufacturers know it and there is plenty on the way. Although prices may never get as low as they were for several years.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015

Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    This is the ENTIRE Ammo shelf (other than shotgun shells) at Cabelas in Ft Worth this week.

eb619a81339a8853d60535b29010d2d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pistol Pete

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2010
    Texas
    I bought one before the last election, named her Hillary. Didn't like her, bought a second one, don't like it much better. Named her Kamala. 2 ARs and some ammo, just in case. Not required to like them but ammo will be available "in case" it is 5.56.

AKM47

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 26, 2018
    Tx
    If you don’t already have the ammo, I expect by your screen name you have AK ammo (and mags).

If so, consider buying one of these:

And then buy a 16” upper when in stock (check a few times a day...something will pop up.

I love my KS-47

At on time I was a gun collector and most were AK's, when Obama was elected I went from collector too SHTF, so I sold all the firearms and kept one or two, but sense April I had to sell what I had

Now I can get another one and looking at a "common ammo" rifle

The call sign is due to me mastering the AK rifle

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    sephiroth0085
    Top Bottom