• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I broke a toe clean in half. Watering plants barefoot and I decide to kick a concrete edge border thingy out of the blue. Why? For the Damn freedom of it.

I wonder if I can wear a shoe? You can feel the toe wobble. It's all red, blue, black.

Broken bones suck. At least it's better then a broken rib.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    I've broken ribs several times, and will gladly take them over broken arm/leg/finger/wrist/etc. I couldn't do a cast. Nope.

You don't realize how much you take your toes for granted until you injure one and can't use it lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    If I go to the doctor, it'll have be sick call. Which means 4-5hours wait to see a non native born pill dispenser.

Handed a bunch of pills, then told to see my primary. That's minimum one month.

When I get to see him, he'll tell me I need to see a foot doctor.

That's another 2-3 months. Then the foot doctor will tell me, "It didn't heal right", "You waited too long to see me."

Dammit batman

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    In high school I broke the wrist on my right (dominant) hand. Had a cast for 3 months or so.

Didn't feel like giving up shooting, so I learned to shoot left-handed.

I remember when the cast finally came off, my arm was noticeably skinnier. It also stunk and had what felt like 1/4" of dead skin covering it.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Same thing happened here. I had an ingrown toenail on my right big toe. It hurt like Hell and I cut on it at least 4 times without much improvement.

I was working out in my garage when the cord that I was using, hooked the top of an industrial sized fire extinguisher and knocked it over right on that damned toe! It broke it real fine!

I took some old shoes and cut the big toe side away and that's what I've been wearing as regular shoes didn't work worth a flip. It works OK but I'm paranoid about being in crowds of people or smacking the toe into something solid. Walking on uneven ground (like to the gun range) doesn't work.

That's how my last 60 days sum up.........and it still hurts like Hell!

Flash

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    First you generally don't get a cast for a toe. Tape it to the toe next to it (buddy tape) and be sure to put some gauze or tissue between the toes. You don't want skin to skin contact because in some cases the skin can break down. Next wear a hard soled shoe, one that won't bend when you walk, this is a comfort measure to help keep the toe from bending when you walk. You should see a Podiatrist or Orthopedic Surgeon because depending on where the toe is broken it may need surgery to heal properly. Better to err on the side of caution.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Have a buddy who broke his big toe in a slip & fall on ice. He was wearing steel toed boots & didn't think it was broke. Being a diabetic it got gangrene. The not only took his big toe, but the next one along with it. Your big toe is a big deal, when it comes to balance & weight distribution.

Seeing as he did it @ work it was covered, & lives in a workmen's comp state. Under workmen's comp he get 2 pairs of special shoes out of it for life. Got a pretty big pay out for his lose too!

Worse part of the whole deal is he works for his parents & they were not happy by any of it!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Drugs are bad, M'kay

There's no pills in this house besides vitamins and Motrin.

First you generally don't get a cast for a toe. Tape it to the toe next to it (buddy tape) and be sure to put some gauze or tissue between the toes. You don't want skin to skin contact because in some cases the skin can break down. Next wear a hard soled shoe, one that won't bend when you walk, this is a comfort measure to help keep the toe from bending when you walk. You should see a Podiatrist or Orthopedic Surgeon because depending on where the toe is broken it may need surgery to heal properly. Better to err on the side of caution.

If it gets worse, Ill go to metroplex and show them the VA can't reach the hospital card. See if the VA will approve the treatment. It's my gas pedal foot.

If they approve it the care will be ultra fast compared to the Temple VA. The only way to force a doctor's visit is to go to the ER in Temple. I'm still looking at a week maybe two for the primary. That's if I get a nice nurse, that says the injury needs quick care.

Sick call is an absolute joke. They treat you like your taking up their time. Then it's a bottle of pills and see the primary. Straight back to point A.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    tumblr_nra74f2tsF1qhko2so1_250.jpg

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    dang, do you smoke cigarettes with your feet? that looks like nicotine stains

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    I broke a toe clean in half. Watering plants barefoot

Personally I am amazed nobody here has yanked your Man Card on this. Watering plants? Really? Jesus, at least make up something that sounds good--dead lifting a 351 Windsor block and dropped it on your foot; got in a bar room brawl; attacked by feral hogs---something.

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Well since you are in my neck of the woods and I know the struggle with the va and the toe pain (gout) I will say watch out for what I found in my garden a few days ago when watering the tomatoes. Looked for bugs and went to adjust the hose turned around and there he was. Only stepped about 5 feet away. He could have had me if he wanted.
    78a402a59c7fcb80cd4fbeaad4364f92.jpg
    7f305a13f702eacfe3c1edc08d75a9fd.jpg

Top Bottom