• ...and so much more!
  • Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    @jmohme - Okay, just hypothetically speaking, if a person were to say, want to get some reliable information on this discipline of shooting, where would you send that person?
    Military Camp

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Air guns. And more specifically, the PCP genre/discipline.
    Try these two web sites.

Both are very good sites with lots of good info, but to me the first one probably has more good technical info, but does seem to focus more on the more high end guns.
    The second site has a lot more info on entry level and mid range guns..

Also, if you are near San Antonio, there is a good airgun shop. Alamo airguns I think is the name. I have stopped in there and talked with the owner. He was very helpful in supplying good info to help on my search for PCP info.

RankAmateur

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2022
    New Braunfels
    Do they make pistols in this type of action?
    Yes. PCP pistols are fairly common with several manufactures. You can get a feel for what is available by visiting on-line stores like https://www.pyramydair.com/, https://utahairguns.com/, or https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/. Prices range from ~$160 to >$2,000. Several of these are repeaters.

BTW, for those pistols/rifles with storage cylinders topping out at 3,000 PSI, you can effectively fill these with a special hand pump. I used to recharge a Benjamin Marauder with about 100 strokes. Clearly a workout, but you do that once for 50-60 shots. You can use the small (or large) automated pumps for these lower-pressure guns, and you will NEED one for higher-end airguns with storage near 4500 PSI.

Swedonia

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 8, 2023
    Sweetwater, TX
    Here is an example of a well-regarded PCP air pistol, for sale at Krale Schietsport in the Netherlands. (Pretty crazy but you can buy an airgun from Krale and UPS has it on your doorstep three days later!)
    This one would be hand-pumpable, but the best hand pump, the British-made Hill, will cost about what the pistol does.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    Here is an example of a well-regarded PCP air pistol, for sale at Krale Schietsport in the Netherlands. (Pretty crazy but you can buy an airgun from Krale and UPS has it on your doorstep three days later!)
    This one would be hand-pumpable, but the best hand pump, the British-made Hill, will cost about what the pistol does.

<>

Praytell, what is the function of a ‘’hammer’’ on an airgun ?

<?>

Top Bottom