• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    If the SHTF ever happens, the new 'currency' might be food and ammo.
    Might also be a good idea to learn all you need to make some 'currency' just in case....................

I like to make things, 'cause-I-can'!!

bob

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    Just a side note: My younger brother fired a .303 round through a .410 break action shot gun and split the barrel. Oh to be young again...l.Not that I was ever that stupid.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Just a side note: My younger brother fired a .303 round through a .410 break action shot gun and split the barrel. Oh to be young again...l.Not that I was ever that stupid.

The SAAMI working pressure for a .303 is 45-48,000 psi
    The SAAMI pressures for .410 are:
    21/2"= 12,500 psi
    3"= 13,500 psi

That poor shotgun didn't have a chance!

Flash

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    So who has reloaded .410 and what do you all think the best way to resize the brass is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MEC 600 Junior deprimes and resizes the case on position one. It is designed for paper/plastic hulls but also handles the high and low brass end caps. Perhaps it would resize your brass hulls correctly.

Flash

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world

Wow hope he didn't get hurt.

Let me clarify I am using spent .303 brass that has had the case heads reduced re-primed a small charge of pistol powder added and then filled with paper towel and uncooked rice then sealed with glue. Lol

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    So who has reloaded .410 and what do you all think the best way to resize the brass is?

One way I've seen mentioned for 12g shells is to drill the correct sized hole in a 1/4 inch steel plate with the edges rounded. Lightly lube the case and hammer it in with a rubber mallet use a dowel or brass rod to knock it out.

Brass shot shells are popular with Cowboy Shooters. You might get better info on their forum.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

Last edited:

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    One way I've seen mentioned for 12g shells is to drill the correct sized hole in a 1/4 inch steel plate with the edges rounded. Lightly lube the case and hammer it in with a rubber mallet use a dowel or brass rod to knock it out.

Brass shot shells are popular with Cowboy Shooters. You might get better info on their forum.

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showforum=12

Thank for the idea and input.

The Dave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    All over the world
    Does anyone here have experience with RCBS custom die shop? How much did it cost was it worth it for you need? I'm thinking just a sizing die not a full set.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I have both Enfield #4 MK1* and 45 Colt so I think I will see if the .303 brass will fit in the 45 resize die (decapper removed).
    If I can remember to do this soon I will post results. I think I have some once fired .303 brass. If not I can always walk outside and just blast a hole in the ground to get one. Mole holes make a good place to put a bullet.

bob

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    The .303 British fits into a Colt 45 sizing die BUT............ if the case neck is expanded, it will run into the threaded area for the decapping pin in the Lee die set.

You could get a 45 Colt resize die and cut the top off with a 'cut-off' wheel. It would just be a dedicated straight wall die.

The problem with 444 Marlin is that it is a 'slightly' tapered case (about .25 thou smaller at the neck end) so running a 'once-fired' case into a 444 Marlin die will 'taper' the neck to about .455 instead of leaving it at .480 like a .45 resize die. The 444 Marlin brass sounds like a good one to use for .410 if you had a good supply of the brass.

View attachment 37414 View attachment 37415

bob

Top Bottom