• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Yeah but the blue from 35 years ago is vastly different from the blue of today.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk
    Yes......my paternal grandmother called herself a Yellow Dog Democrat.......I think she even worked for the Kennedy campaign in the 60's..........she was from Tulia, TX.

She was an awfully conservative woman

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    The people coming here are not the problem. I came from California in 1986, I'm a very conservative libertarian. There are several other transplants on this site also who seem to be conservative. I also know several others who came here, none are liberals. The native Texans just do no want to admit that it is changing from within and blame others. It is the public schools, some churches and the government. Most of the government is Republican but not conservative. Look at John Cornyn and Abbott, they only act conservative in election years. Many of the Republicans are never conservative but keep getting reelected. All of the out of state money that comes into Texas elections is to influence the people already here. If this does not change Texas is a goner. No one moved to California to make it liberal, they did it all on their own.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    The people coming here are not the problem. I came from California in 1986, I'm a very conservative libertarian. There are several other transplants on this site also who seem to be conservative. I also know several others who came here, none are liberals. The native Texans just do no want to admit that it is changing from within and blame others. It is the public schools, some churches and the government. Most of the government is Republican but not conservative. Look at John Cornyn and Abbott, they only act conservative in election years. Many of the Republicans are never conservative but keep getting reelected. All of the out of state money that comes into Texas elections is to influence the people already here. If this does not change Texas is a goner. No one moved to California to make it liberal, they did it all on their own.
    Yes, some of the people coming here absolutely are the problem.

Some are not - refugees like yourself. Others are coming here for lower cost of living or employment. And they bring their liberal idiotic ideologies with them. Where do you think much of Austin's growth has come from?

The increasing Hispanic population is another factor.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Sadly, Hispanics tend to be conservative in attitude and beliefs...but they've been trained from birth for three or more generations that the left is on their side and conservatives hate them...and that's how they vote.
    A very accurate observation. Seeing some signs that this may be changing, however.

festering

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    sw houston
    Yes, some of the people coming here absolutely are the problem.

Some are not - refugees like yourself. Others are coming here for lower cost of living or employment. And they bring their liberal idiotic ideologies with them. Where do you think much of Austin's growth has come from?

The increasing Hispanic population is another factor.
    I agree many are coming but I don't think they are a large percentage of the population. I believe there as as many births as people moving here.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Khughes93
    Top Bottom