• ...and so much more!
  • itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it was around $160.00.

Wow. I do not want to spend that kind of money. Funny thing is, I have another 10/22 in an arch angel kit, and the trigger is much better. It is a factory ruger trigger, but it is alot better. I just hate to swap them and have a crappy trigger in my arch angel. I use it for shooting rabbits in the back yard.

Dave270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I know that was a lot but demand has driven the prices pretty high. The other Timney assemblies I looked at were around $120.00 but they weren't for the 10/22. It seems that it is very popular rifle with tons of upgrades out there. There are other companies with assemblies well over $200.00.

Dave270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Wow. I do not want to spend that kind of money. Funny thing is, I have another 10/22 in an arch angel kit, and the trigger is much better. It is a factory ruger trigger, but it is alot better. I just hate to swap them and have a crappy trigger in my arch angel. I use it for shooting rabbits in the back yard.

I also plan to sell whatever parts I have left over from my project (the stock, the stock trigger and the stock barrel) to help re-coupe some of the money I spent on the upgrades. I do agree though, that it was quite a bit.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I also plan to sell whatever parts I have left over from my project (the stock, the stock trigger and the stock barrel) to help re-coupe some of the money I spent on the upgrades. I do agree though, that it was quite a bit.

Good idea, especially if You find a buyer. I believe that stuff may be difficult to sell though, because whoever has a 10/22 will most likely already have that stuff. Post the stuff on here. For the right price I may be interested in the trigger. I'd hate to butcher my only trigger, in an attempt to make it decent lol.

Randman

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Leander, TX
    Couple of pics... My original SS model that I got for Christmas when I was 16.. Few years ago I changed stock and Barrel.. Probably change it back to original confit soon.. Want to build a new one for fun..

ARKit006.jpg

ARKit008.jpg

Dave270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    Good idea, especially if You find a buyer. I believe that stuff may be difficult to sell though, because whoever has a 10/22 will most likely already have that stuff. Post the stuff on here. For the right price I may be interested in the trigger. I'd hate to butcher my only trigger, in an attempt to make it decent lol.

Alright....will do. That's why I bought the assembly anyway. I know if I messed with the stock trigger, I'd screw it up with certainty. :1zhelp:

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    10/22 triggers are actually very easy to "work" to create an ideal pull weight. Most "stock" triggers are right at a 6lb pull weight. With some light stoning, you can easily bring them down to 2lbs and still have a safe, clean break. I have built over a half dozen 10/22s and the ones with aftermarket trigger parts are not much better than a properly reworked stock trigger group.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    10/22 triggers are actually very easy to "work" to create an ideal pull weight. Most "stock" triggers are right at a 6lb pull weight. With some light stoning, you can easily bring them down to 2lbs and still have a safe, clean break. I have built over a half dozen 10/22s and the ones with aftermarket trigger parts are not much better than a properly reworked stock trigger group.

So just stoning, would sand paper work? Do You have a good link that doesn't involve using a grinder? Sorry for so many questions. I just don't want to take a grinder to it.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I don't have a link but I remember looking on rimfire central or someplace like that where a guy used a drill bit(forget the exact size) and hung the hammer upside down in a vise. When it hangs upside down it creates the correct angle to use. You really need a stone(triangular works best for me) to get it flat and even. Later I polish them up for smoother disconnect. I also use a pull guage to slowly work down to my desired pull. You definitely don't want to use any kind of powertool, that would be way too aggresive.

CPTKILLER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Gatesville, TX
    The best deal on a 10/22 was when a friend I deer hunted with, found one leaning against a tree while inspecting the land for the soil service in Palo Pinto County. He went to the land owner who said it wasn't his. A little cleaning and it is still working. Free is the best price.

This is like a guy in Houston who bought a house. He moved in and was putting stuff away. He found a Model 70 in the insulation.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I really dont like the smooth plastic butt plate they have on them. Always slips on me.

You could also look at this, adds some length to the stock.
    It says it's for the Mini, but the piece is the same, works on both.

MINI 14 RUGER BUTT PAD

med_568.jpg

NoDak Spud has some iron sight options, and scope bases for you to look at also. I preferred their product to the Tech Sights.
    Scroll down over half way to see the sights.
    NoDak Spud NDS-22 receivers

NDS-25d.JPG

NDS-23e.jpg

bloodstainedking

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Austin, TX
    And it starts! 10/22's are like potato chips, you can never stop after just one. So many aftermarket parts that you always see some new configuration you'll want to try out. Congratulations on buying a great little rifle.

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Hey, Country Boy, any pics of your 10/22 dressed up as an M1 carbine? I've been wanting to buy a 10/22 and make it look like an M1 carbine as of yesteday, and someone just happened to bump this thread and it turns out you might have already done it. How do you like it?

rustycheetah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    San Antonio
    ok guys the bug has bit me i just got 2 10-22's one for me and one for the wife lol i have always loved these thing any ideas on what i can do to make it a nice lil shooter for the lil lady

Top Bottom