• ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I love this rifle!

Im going to leave it stock for a while. Then buy a m1 stock and make it look like a m1 carbine.

Then get another stock setup for a thompson, and another with a bull barrel.

Photo0420.jpg
    Lynx Defense

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    You'll find that your gun is a bit more accurate without the barrel band. However, it will take away from the M1 styling you like. Congrats on your purchase, too bad one 10/22 is never enough!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Aw...just take the wood stock off and replace it with a Hogue...

well thats not a very good attitude....

;)

who doesnt want to spend inordinate amounts of money dressing up their rimfires?

i heard somone around here ay "they are liek barbie dolls for men"

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Good going, CB!

Be aware that 10-22's are a sickness. I was bitten by it and now have a pile of them. The worst part is that they demand money worse than a child! I have obscene amounts of money invested in each one. That's the nature of the beast and we'll look for the posting of your second and third 10-22's!

Would I change anything about my obsession with the little rifles? Heck no! In my drug & booze days, I could have peed that money away easily and the fun I have with them keeps me involved in the shooting scene. My range bags are loaded and in the car trunk at all times waiting for a calm wind. That fun is worth every penny I invested in the rifles.

Flash

GTRich94

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2009
    u
    Wlecome to the 10.22 club. At a minimum, do the bolt release mod and save yourself the untold aggravation of dealing with that stupid catch. It's one of the easiest things you can do to the 10/22 and takes about 10 minutes to accomplish.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I just received a package about an hour ago. It has 5 Volquartsen (VC) 10-22 extractors & springs, A VC trigger assembly and a set of VC trigger parts. That probably doesn't mean much to you right now but when the 10-22 infection gets hold of you, it will become apparent. It's going to rain tomorrow so I'm going to rathole up and start tweeking 10-22's. New scopes came in last week and a new barrel before that. Barrels, stocks, triggers, extractors, magazines...........they're monsters! ............. Snicker!

Seriously, messing with those little rifles is one of my favorite pastimes. I have one that I dressed up as an assault rifle in the early 1980's. I'm getting ready to disassemble it and redesign it. Barbie Dolls for men? Mumble, mumble, mumble......OK, I guess that's right.

Flash

nolanwb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Rowlett, Texas
    A while back I decided to build my own 10/22...just for kicks. I searched around until I found the least expensive stock 10/22. Then, I added or replaced the following parts on the rifle that I purchased. Haven't shot it yet, but it looks awesome. I expect it to shoot as good as it looks.

---------------

The "action" was sent to this firm to have the listed work done. He did a great job at a very reasonable price. He was found by doing research on the Internet.

Randy at Connecticut Precision Chambering in Middletown CT.

# TRIGGER JOB

* 2.0 - 2.4 lb trigger pull
    * Trigger and hammer side shims
    * Trigger overtravel screw
    * Forward anti-creep/slack screw
    * Auto-bolt release conversion
    * Single stage pull reworked to be as crisp as possible
    * Oversize receiver pins installed to tighten trigger group
    * Extended magazine release installed

# BOLT COMBO (see 10/22 Bolt Work for more details and pictures)

* Bolt is totally disassembled, cleaned, deburred
    * Bolt face is surface ground and squared to .0425" LR rim headspace depth; same as bolt action rifle for accuracy and reduced flyers
    * Bolt side is beautifully prism jeweled
    * A hole is E.D.M.'ed and a stainless dowel pin pressed in over the front of the firing pin to hold it from raising up, reducing flyers and to get more consistent firing pin strikes.

Hogue OverMolded Rifle Stock Ruger 10/22 .920" Barrel Channel

Green Mountain 20" Fluted Stainless .22 LR Match Barrel. (One of the most affordable and quality barrels on the market.)

--------------------------

Power Custom 1-Piece Steel Weaver-Style Base Ruger 10/22
    Weaver 1" Grand Slam Top Mount Rings - Steel

Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor Ruger 10/22

Volquartsen Extended Magazine Release Ruger 10/22

RUGER® 10/22 Recoil Buffer

Titan's Pro-Rad V-Block with stainless socket head retainer screws

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    How much are these going for now used?

You really need to shop and have a little luck, too. Some pawn shops sell the little rifles used at full new retail price. The best deal going is Academy were they sell the carbine for about $190 new. Walmart has them for a little more but finding a WW that still sells rifles is getting tough. The SS model was $247 at WW locally.

I snagged two 10-22's at a pawn shop for $100 and $125 but that was pretty lucky. One was marked way down because some Knothead scratched his name in the receiver top. The other was well used. Any way that you do it, the final tab will be about $700+ to make a real fine shooter so looking at a new "T" 10-22 instead is a pretty cost effective alternative. The fun for me comes from building the rifle. The factory triggers are awful and I've gotten pretty good at making those talk. I like a 3# trigger and that's easy to do. It just takes money and some skill.

Flash

Dave270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I've kind of worked backwards with my 10/22 plans. I've bought a ton of upgrade stuff and now I have to buy the rifle. I plan to buy one when I get home on R&R. BTW, that's why I'm working backwards. I can't wait either. The 10/22's are addictive. (22's period)

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    The factory triggers are awful and I've gotten pretty good at making those talk. I like a 3# trigger and that's easy to do. It just takes money and some skill.

Flash

Any advice? I have a terrible trigger in mine. I do not want to just buy an entire trigger group. Any links or advice would be appreciated. I can shot nice groups at 50 with this, but if I had a decent trigger I would be able to significantly tighten up my groups.
    DSCN1660.jpg

Dave270

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Cedar Park, TX
    I bought the whole timney trigger assembly. I see where you may not want that option. There are people on you tube that are just replacing the trigger though. I couldn't find where to buy just the trigger. There are some people on you tube that make some mods to the factory trigger. Just type in the search: 10/22 trigger and check out what comes up. It might help you out.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I bought the whole timney trigger assembly. I see where you may not want that option. There are people on you tube that are just replacing the trigger though. I couldn't find where to buy just the trigger. There are some people on you tube that make some mods to the factory trigger. Just type in the search: 10/22 trigger and check out what comes up. It might help you out.

I have, and came up with people just grinding down the contact points. Maybe I could go that route. How much did the timney cost You?

Top Bottom