• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Good old botach. That's almost tempting.
    I was hesitant because sometimes you get what you pay for but there are plenty of videos of guys shooting these things to test them so, if you are on a budget, this is definitely better than nothing or strapping some homemade floor tiles on your chest with duct tape lol

images (4).jpg
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• images (4).jpg
      images (4).jpg
      9.7 KB · Views: 517
    Last edited:

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    I was hesitant because sometimes you get what you pay for but there are plenty of videos of guys shooting these things to test them so, if you are on a budget, this is definitely better than nothing or strapping some homemade floor tiles on your chest with duct tape lol

View attachment 212207
    Half inch steel will stop a lot of stuff. I'd only really be concerned with spalling.

I wonder if binding a quarter inch of aluminum onto it would stop spall.

Old_Sarge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    South TX
    Half inch steel will stop a lot of stuff. I'd only really be concerned with spalling.

I wonder if binding a quarter inch of aluminum onto it would stop spall.
    IDK but I think these are hybrid composite, not AR500
    It's ceramic core with poly and Alumina surrounding

If I got steel or AR500 type stuff then yea, the spall protection is a big plus

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    IDK but I think these are hybrid composite, not AR500
    It's ceramic core with poly and Alumina surrounding

If I got steel or AR500 type stuff then yea, the spall protection is a big plus
    Oh I thought it was steel. Yeah the aluminum outer layer wouldn't make sense in that case.

HKaltwasser

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Pony up for ceramic, I would get some Skarr Armor. I have steel and ceramic, the multi hit ceramic is the way to go.
    As far as carriers: Crye JPC or a very good clone. These JPC's allow you to shoulder a weapon much easier. I have 8 or so carriers and these are the best IMO. I will post a link to the clone JPC if you're interested.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-...811274?hash=item2ae57d288a:g:0~AAAOSwTSldRIAc
    bAjZu8w.jpg

6GHZ4GD.jpg

B0zEams.jpg

Attachments

• bAjZu8w.jpg
      bAjZu8w.jpg
      11.8 KB · Views: 514
    • 6GHZ4GD.jpg
      6GHZ4GD.jpg
      1,019.2 KB · Views: 565
    • B0zEams.jpg
      B0zEams.jpg
      1,003.1 KB · Views: 506
    Last edited:

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    Very interesting stuff here.
    I think I’ll stick with the advice given to me by my old buddy
    Gecko45.

Asymmetrical

The harmony of the Pen and the Sword
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2018
    Texas
    d7DerdD.jpg
    I might be a bit late to the discussion, but I would recommend delaying gratification, doing a ton of research and then buying the best gear you can realistically afford, first time out.

i went with a Ferro Concepts Slickster, AT Armor STOP plates, Haley D3 chest rig with swift clip attachment and have been wearing it daily for two years overseas. It is a night/day difference from the issued gear, with is straight garbage.

A minimalist carrier will give you more options than an overt carrier, in that you can strip it down to nothing but the plate bags and wear it under a button down shirt, OR you can add a soft armor MOLLE cummerbund, shoulder pads and scale it all the way up to an assault carrier if you need to.

Ferro, Spiritus, Eagle and others are making some darn good minimalist PCs now, and they are all worth a look.

Attachments

• d7DerdD.jpg
      d7DerdD.jpg
      628.9 KB · Views: 815

Ordnance45B

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2020
    Gulf Coast
    Veterans Manufacturing makes the best plates. IMO they are the standard. I have a set of Level IV in my P.I.G. plate carrier. Paid about $400 for the set. It's the only manufacturer I recommend for plates. I participated in more than one of their product demonstrations when I sold guns and related products. AMAZING PRODUCT AND GREAT SERVICE.

https://vetsmfg.com/

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Veterans Manufacturing makes the best plates. IMO they are the standard. I have a set of Level IV in my P.I.G. plate carrier. Paid about $400 for the set. It's the only manufacturer I recommend for plates. I participated in more than one of their product demonstrations when I sold guns and related products.

https://vetsmfg.com/

Welcome to the Forum!

Top Bottom