• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • arordonez84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    San Antonio
    ...and how old are you now? I've owned guns since the age of 12, having been raised before all the BS with the nanny-state gun laws being enacted, and I frankly find anyone willing to gratuitously surrender their personal rights/liberties to be scary.

When you offer an opinion, expect others to offer theirs - and those that disagree with yours to do so freely. It DOES make me want to cry when I see folks wanting to somehow enforce something for which there is no such requirement, need or value.

Please excuse my stance on this and I will remember to not question you or have an opinion of my own...
    You win, I lose my thoughts are complete on this matter.
    DK Firearms

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Please excuse my stance on this and I will remember to not question you or have an opinion of my own...
    You win, I lose my thoughts are complete on this matter.

So you will stop using bills of sale? This is a matter of fact issue, not something open to opinion like religion or politics. You are mistaken about some facts and we are attempting to enlighten you.

By the way, you can legally sell a gun to an 18 year old.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Then we will agree to disagree.

Just a piece of advice for you. If you wish to buy or sell a gun on here, please make sure all the other parties know your requirements. It will save headaches for both of you.

I for one will never require a bill of sale on anything I sell, and will refuse to sign one on any item. If you don't trust me, then you should not trust what I am selling either, or trust me to buy it.

You should consider how it will limit your customer base and those willing to sell to you.

JMHO,

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Hello everyone,

I am a officially a gun owner as of yesterday. I purchased the weapon through a F2F transaction, and it was simple give and go, the seller didn't even bother to shake my hand. Anyways, I have read various forums, websites, and gov websites about buying/selling a gun, a bill of sale and no bill of sale, etc... I understand about the whole paper trail issue, how some people don't want to deal with all that, so when I bought the weapon from the seller he merely just ask am I of age and that was it. At first, I was thinking a bill of sale was just preference for buyer, but now I am kinda regretting not getting a bill of sale. Is there anything I can do now to cover my ass for the weapon that I just purchased? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys

I've often wondered why people ask for information and help, and then argue about the help you try to give them.

I guess I must defer to my #2 signature line.

fullmetal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2012
    Houston
    I believe you have some confusion kind sir, I do remember giving my thanks and regards to the gents above. I have in no way argued or made a hypocritical statement that would deem my original post ironic. Good day

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I believe you have some confusion kind sir, I do remember giving my thanks and regards to the gents above. I have in no way argued or made a hypocritical statement that would deem my original post ironic. Good day

I think he mistook you for the other guy

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Cartman echoes my sentiments on this subject and Bills of Sale in general.

BTW, the first half of this episode was excellent, second half, not so much.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I always do transactions with at BOS. As a matter of fact, I insist they are notarized, and require a three day waiting period. Then I take pictures of the buyer for future verification, and ask for at least three letters of reference... also notarized.

Well actually not.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I always do transactions with at BOS. As a matter of fact, I insist they are notarized, and require a three day waiting period. Then I take pictures of the buyer for future verification, and ask for at least three letters of reference... also notarized.

Well actually not.

Just need a bloody fingerprint and a cheek swab to cross reference and you should be covered.

Well, actually not.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Then we will agree to disagree.
    You can disagree with anyone on here. The fact of the matter is...and this is fact not opinion. A BOS offers you zero protection. There are lawyers on this board that will tell you so. Law enforcement that will tell you so. FFL holders that will tell you so and plenty of others like myself with decades of buying and selling behind us.

If it makes you feel better, knock yourself out with the un-needed/useless paperwork. We are just trying to bring you into reality and reality is that a BOS is a waste of paper and ink.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    If he wants to require Bills of Sale, that's his right. It's my right to tell him to F off and if he pulled that on me, I'd turn around, blow off the deal and take my money home. I do this stuff for FUN, it's not a "for profit" venture and I especially enjoy getting to know the guys that I deal with. I wouldn't buy a pack of gum from him because he acts like an A hole. I wouldn't buy a gun from him if his price was 25 cents. It's not just him.....that goes for anyone who wants to be a dixkhead. If the conversation gets difficult, folks won't do as they promise or if they get pissy, I simply say "Sorry, the deal is off!"

Let's not forget rule #1 in gun haggling. NEVER fall in love with the gun. If the guy looks fishy or acts like a prixk, then dust him off.

Flash

Top Bottom